Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Nerves

Options
  • 19-08-2008 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi i accepted a place in Trinity for engineering but initially after it i started wondering if it is the best choice for me. i have a few friends going to dcu and that was my second choice to go there because truthfully i didnt think i would get the points for trinity. :(

I was just wondering if its possible to change college at the start of the term if i really dont like it and am i penalised for doing so???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭nubineeprincess

im not sure about the changing penalties etc...
    but just put your mind at ease....im actually re-starting college again(got into St.Pats for teaching -YAY!!:)
    but i did a diploma in U.L. straight after my leaving 4years ago and i didnt have anyone up there....all my friends went to UCC...so at least ur all in same city!!!
    really you'll be fine...college is soooo brill!!!!!!!i dont know anyone goin to Pats now(and get why u would be nervous) but i cant wait for college and for the whole social aspect too!!believe me its great fun and you will make friends sooo fast - join clubs and societies too(look up tcd website for the list - should defo be at least one you like!!)
    dont be nervous....be excited.....you are just getting started on the most exciting part of your life!!!!!!!!!:D:):D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I wouldn't worry about going where you friends are going. You'll make new friends anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lil fire engine

i went to pats last year not knowing anyone... i was doing humanities(although i really wanted teaching and was a few points off)
    anyway, within my first hour i had made a great bunch of friends that i stayed very close with for the year...
    however i left that cousre as it wasn for me and now im re doin first year in DIT and i feel nervous etc again bout doing it all over....

so i know how u feel... a lil bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I wouldn't worry about going where you friends are going. You'll make new friends anyway

Exactly. You are going to make LOADS of new friends.

And remember, every other person on the course is in the exact same position as you, so don't be afraid to talk to people on your first day.

Simply introduce yourself and ask them where are they from and talk about how great and exciting it is to be in college.

You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

You'll make plenty of new friends in Trinity so I wouldn't worry about that. Also, Dublin is Dublin so you'll still be able to head out with all your other friends anyway. I doubt there's a Trinity/DCU incompatability in that regard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I ll be your friend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

In a similar position myself.Going to UCD whereas all my friends are heading to Limerick or Galway.I knew that would happen when I signed up for the course but excitement about college overruled that.Now that I'm going to Dublin tomorrow,all I'm thinking about is worrying if I'll settle in.:(Fully intend to join societies and all that but let's just say I wouldn't be the sociable of people amongst strangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭nubineeprincess

you'll be totally fine....
    you'll make friends without even realising...just be yourself and chat to people...you'll click with some people and before you know it ye'll be all headin out together etc..
    lots of people in the same boat so they wont have anyone either...
    ur goin to have an absolute ball.....be excited!!!!:D:D:D

Advertisement