Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boil water notice- Fenagh Myshall area's

Options
  • 19-08-2008 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Had noticed over the last couple of weeks that when i was giving the baby a bath the water kinda yellow so decided to ring the council about it yesterday.

So about 9pm a council worker calls out, must be serious if he's workin this late, and tells us that the water is not safe to drink and that it should be boiled first and under no circumstance could it be used for babies bottles :mad:

Just said i'd give you heads up anyhow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Ya

Thanks for the heads up. Did the guy from the council say as to when they would be issuing this announcement in the papers and\or the radio?

I have noticed the yellowish colour in the water too and I am living just outside Ballon, but had put it down to the volume of rain that has fallen recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hey Tommy,

Was actually the wife that was talking to him so i dont know if/when they plan to announce it. It appears the reason for this is because all the building that has been happening lately in the surrounding area has damaged the pipes allowing toxins to enter the system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Cheers for the heads up racso. Christ think they'd announce a boil water notice if there was a suspicion of contamination.

Advertisement