Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200m world record to be broken??

Options
  • 19-08-2008 4:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

surely bolt has a great chance of beating this?
    the 200 is HIS event.
    he practically walked the 100m.

odds on pp.
    no 2/7
    yes 9/4

i reckon he will. might put a small wager on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmm he could go close alright. He needs to drop nearly 4 tenths off his current PB to do it though.

Personally I'm gonna say no. Betfair is paying 1.41 on a No and 3.1 on a Yes so they seem fairly confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

On what I saw in the semi final, the record wont be broken. I have taken the 1/3 on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

On what I saw in the semi final, the record wont be broken. I have taken the 1/3 on Betfair
    Don't think you can take much out of the semi final. He was practically strolling down the home straight. He has plenty more in the tank. Reckon he'll be mighty close to breaking it myself. Tough ask all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

well you could put on a safe bet off 1/100 for him just to win the race!!!!:eek:

no chance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Pighead wrote: »
    Don't think you can take much out of the semi final. He was practically strolling down the home straight. He has plenty more in the tank. Reckon he'll be mighty close to breaking it myself. Tough ask all the same.

well I threw a few quid on

haven't had a bet in months!

4/11 with the hillbilllies is buying money. Banks giving 5% in places, SSIA gave 20%, this cast iron certainty is paying 36%. I advise everyone to get on as this type of value comes round rarely. And I know the odds are ****e but 36% return on your money for 19.32+ seconds work is a once in a lifetime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If he wants to break it he will.

pp now 2/1

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    If he wants to break it he will.

pp now 2/1

Mike.

Thanks for letting me know Mike. I was going to go down to Paddy Powers now to top-up having exhausted all Billy Hills shops within a 15 mile radius this morning but I just noticed on the website that they are still 3's on him not doing it where as Hills are better at 4/11.
    If he does break it I doff my hat to the young man, but this talk of it being a stroll in the park for him if he wants to break it is pie in the sky. This is a world record that has stood for 12 years and could well stand for many more to come. Bolts pb this year at 200m is 19.67. Thats an astonishing .36 off the world record. That tells me that far from peppering the target with his runs over 200m this season (as he was with the 100m) he is a million miles from breaking that record.
    Good luck to everyone playing in the event but to me its a no brainer!

:D If he can run a bend and does not step into the inner lane and is not attacked by a plague of locusts or struck by a meteor he will do it.

Mike.

• Advertisement

:D If he can run a bend and does not step into the inner lane and is not attacked by a plague of locusts or struck by a meteor he will do it.

Mike.

just over 11/4 on betfair mike but Id hate taking money off ya! :D

To be serious for a moment, if he has almost no chance PP giving 1.33 to fail seems a bit generous.

Mike.

would be but 4/11 at William Hill is better value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

michael johnson on the BBC was predicting that he wouldn't this time fwiw. He said it wouldn't be long till he did but just not today.

Ah feck it I'll include a fail bet in a accu.

scratch that, it wont go in an Accu.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I don't see him doing the WR. He'll win but he is also a showboater as the 100m showed. If he has a commanding lead he may ease off towards the end although he has said he will go all out. But you have to remember this is his 8th race this week, the MJ record is phenomonal and Bolt's current PB is 0.35 off the WR which is alot in a race like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

i dont think he'll do it this time, he stands to make a lot of money if he breaks the record during the golden leagues (i think thats what they're called) apparently thats why he eased up in 100m. gives himself a good chance of breaking the record again... thats just my opinion

then again what do i know?....he smashed the record..fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Wow. That was some run. 19.31

fcuk me, what an athlete!

Ya bastards the lot of you! I mean you punchestown :p

I could be rich you talked me out of it.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

19.30 Bolt does it. Savage, delighted I heard someone mention he has an Irish Great Granmother. Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

A class act. I loaded on him going faster than 19.46 on Betfair as I didn't think he had a world record in him! Happy anyway. Good bet

Ya bastards the lot of you! I mean you punchestown :p

I could be rich you talked me out of it.

Mike.

apologies a thousand times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

chump wrote: »
    well I threw a few quid on

haven't had a bet in months!

tasty

I had no idea the record was so amazing though.
    He was phenomenal, and only barely broke it.

chump wrote: »
    tasty

I had no idea the record was so amazing though.
    He was phenomenal, and only barely broke it.

running into a slight headwind so even more amazing. I would love to get a breakdown on his times over each 10 meteres. From 15m in till 50m out, his pace was unreal. He left the rest of the field looking like one pace plodders

;) I'll live (on beans and toast)

He'll do that a few more times I think. Prolly on a great bonus too.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Yer welcome!!

..........well, some of ye!!:D

Advertisement