Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What liquor licence do i need & how do iget it?

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Folks,

This is my first post, so hello all & thanks for having me.

Ok I want to start a new business, I am a music promoter and up to now have been running gigs in a local venue but due to a number of reasons will soon be vacating this premesis. I have decided to set up my own venue.

I want to turn what is now an empty retail unit into a cafe bar/live music venue. I want to run the cafe bar 7 days a wk and open the venue thurs,fri,sat,sun. I will put up a partition to seperate them during the week and open the whole place up on gig nights. On gig nights I would like to be able to serve until 1:30.

I would like to stress I am not trying to open a pub!! I want a cool place where poeple can hang out and have a coffee or a beer on a weeknight and listen to some live music, and then at the weekend rock out to live bands.

My question hewre is what liquor licencing do i need and how do I go about getting it? Hope someone out there can help I have found SOME info online but it's very minimal and nothing relating to venue licence or cafe bar licence.

Anyway thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.
    ADB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Northernsoul

S'far as i know mate you have to buy a full licence from a pub or offy thats closing down costing in the region of €165,000 !! Don't think the powers that be differientiate between cafe bars and pubs etc. Michael mc dowell was going to implement these type of changes and allows loads of European style cafe bars but was forced to abandon them due to pressure from the vitners asociation..
    i have a shop with a cafe which has a wine licence which allows me to sell wine for off-sales and costs €200 but no wine can be consumed on premises...
    I could be wrong but unless you have €165,000 - €180,000 to spend i'd say you may forget about it mate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement