Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

(I really have no idea where to put this, so feel free to move it)

I was "hacked" a few weeks back, a fairly brutal attack it took me a number of days to resolve. Ever since then (I think) some ads on websites don't work for me. Instead of the ad, I see nothing. For a while, it was giving me a 404 that stated "domain www.{my computer name}.com cannot be found." Now it's giving me just no ad. Some ads are getting through, I can see a digiweb one blinking at me right now. Not that I mind too much, you understand, it's only wasted bandwidth, but I'm interested in why it's happened.

Also, google sponsored links don't appear to ever work. If I click on one, I get
    Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.googleadservices.com.
    I think these 2 things are related.

Comments

Advertisement