Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use 2/3 different Agents at once?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I have a house I want to rent out. I know they advertise on the same sites but could you use 2/3 different agents at once just to give yourself more choice of tenants?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

You can't make wine from water. More agents will not magically increase the pool of tenants to you.

Renters are fairly wise and know what suits them and what papers/websites to find places so they will just be seeing 3 different listings of the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can, but make sure you let them know this is what you are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

Do you not think it's a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You potentially end up in a row over fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

Hi Glacier,

please take a look at www.irishlandlord.com. It is a really helpful site for anyone looking to rent out. I got the best advice there - don't use an agent. I had a nightmare (see link below), problems started from the get go and I am abroad so it made it even worse. I posted on irish landlord and got somevaluable advice. Since I have started asking aroud I now am hearing many more horror stories than positive ones about letting agents. please e careful - you ar etrusting them with your most valuable asset and most of them couldn't be trusted with a cardoard box.

Take the advice i was given - do it youself. i have advertised on Daft for 4 days now and have already had 15 enquiries, and 6 viewings, 2 of which have good potential. i have more viewing tonight and tomorrow.

http://www.irishlandlord.com/forum/s...p=134#poststop

• Advertisement
Advertisement