Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van hire

Options
  • 18-08-2008 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I'm looking to hire a medium sized transit for a house move. Is there anywhere that rents them out ( in Dundalk preferably, but Drogheda would be ok.)
    I don't have a credit card, only a Laser debit card. Will they accept that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Nicky Smith (ford dealer) north road Drogheda "use to do" van retails, maybe they still do, worth a call, you may need to pay a deposit without a credit card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If you can get your hands on a copy of the Drogheda Leader, there is at least 4 separate vans to hire.

Here is the contact details of one chap. Eammon Stafford: 087 2848736 (Drogheda Based but he travels far)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Nicky Smith (ford dealer) north road Drogheda "use to do" van retails, maybe they still do, worth a call, you may need to pay a deposit without a credit card.

Thanks. I'll give them a try. BTW, is that you in this week's Leader? :p

Biggins wrote: »
    If you can get your hands on a copy of the Drogheda Leader, there is at least 4 separate vans to hire.

Here is the contact details of one chap. Eammon Stafford: 087 2848736 (Drogheda Based but he travels far)

I was put off the idea of those 'man with a van' type deals after a friend of mine's horror story when he moved house using one. Am looking for self-drive. Thanks very much all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I can vouch for Eammon. He's a good friend, a workaholic, runs a number of legit businesses and properties. He comes from a well known trustworthy family.

Not all out there are ripoff merchants.

Advertisement