Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback wanted - Quizzes

Options
  • 18-08-2008 2:23pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A lot of you have entered into the quizzes that I've been posting up recently and seem to be enjoying them. What I'd like to know is how long do you think I should be leaving them open for entries?
    For the first one I wanted 15 replies which I got in 24 hours and for the last one (food) I said that it'll close after either 25 replies or 5 days, whichever comes first.

Now after 15 hours of posting it I already have 31 entries and it seems unfair to kill it under 24 hours of posting the questions so I'll let you lot decided for the future.

How long should my quizzes be open for? 8 votes

1 day
    0% 0 votes
    2 days
    25% 2 votes
    3 days
    50% 4 votes
    other (explain)
    25% 2 votes

Comments

It seems that I was the only one to say this in the other thread, but I'd say you're better off going for x number of replies as opposed to y number of days. Just to make it easier on yourself. I'm sure it's a lot handier to calculate scores if you have 10, 20, 25 or 50 replies.

It's up to yourself, though. You're the one doing it as a courtesy for everyone else, so whatever you think should be the bottom line. If people miss out, then tough.

Thanks a lot for them though, as i said before it's a great, fresh topic in a forum that is very under-used.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

+1

Go by whichever number of replies makes it easiest to work out the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

It seems that I was the only one to say this in the other thread, but I'd say you're better off going for x number of replies as opposed to y number of days. Just to make it easier on yourself. I'm sure it's a lot handier to calculate scores if you have 10, 20, 25 or 50 replies.

It's up to yourself, though. You're the one doing it as a courtesy for everyone else, so whatever you think should be the bottom line. If people miss out, then tough.

Thanks a lot for them though, as i said before it's a great, fresh topic in a forum that is very under-used.

+1 again. No need to get overly burdened yourself. Good to see they are very popular though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Well I've been looking at this forum for a while trying to figure out a way to liven it up a bit and I thought that this might work.

The questions are pretty easy to come up with and 25 replies takes me about 40 minutes to format once everyone replies in the correct format. That's 40 minutes imo which ar well spent as I get as much fun out of it as most others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

+1

I agree, this system will work best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Well it would be annoying to find out that you are reply number 26 when only 25 will be processed but whatever makes it easier for you, afterall you're the one who does the work :).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh ponster i agree with the above, pick a number that suits you and is easy to calculate for yourself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm for the number of replies rather than a time limit too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Its up to you ponster... Its your time that you are giving up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

jsut do what evers easiest for you to manage.
    your the one who ahs to spend time over them like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Thanks for the help folks.

42 entries in the latest quiz and it took me 1.5 hours to work through the scores which is the most I can spend doing it without my brain melting and pouring out of my ears :)

One thing though is that from now on I'm only going to process answers that are formatted correctly. 2 mods and 6 members sent me either the answers posted after the questions, answers without the numbers, or full-stops after the answer :)

Advertisement