Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge problems

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi
    Our fridge in our 2004 Motorhome is not working on Gas.Dometic 7655LFridge/Freezer works on 12volts and Elec.Freezer works on Gas but the Fridge wont. We had it serviced in May and since then we have a problem.We took it to a dealer and he replace a solenoid but it still wont work when we got it home.Any help will be appreciated.We live in the Galway area.Thanks in advance.Nora

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

My fridge is a bit older without all those fancy features so I'm not sure if I'm of any help....
    Dont know if you have a manual but here's a link to the manual with some basic troubleshooting tips to start with http://www.dometicmanuals.com:8080/2008/822/610038EN.pdf Based on the electrical diagram there appears to be only one gas burner shared between the fridge and freezer however the image indicates there's possibly two burners, Do you know if there's a burner for each? If only one shared between both and if the freezer is working on gas then it would indicate that gas supply is okay. Have you removed the outside vent on the fridge to see if it's actually producing a flame?
    In the manual there's a couple of points worth checking out, section 5.2.4 indicates that the gas remains off in stand-by mode for 15mins after the motor stops? Is it possible that there's still power from battery/solar panel preventing it switching to gas or you haven't waited this 15mins? Apart from the other obvious points like insufficient ventalation, thermostat set to low or an airlock...
    There doesn't appear to be any Service agents listed on their webiste but you might get assistance from their UK customer support at http://www.dometic.com/enuk/Europe/United-Kingdom/AboutDometic/Contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HBAMS

Thanks stapeler

We took burner apart again today for the 3 time +.

We got air hose and blew it out, The flame seems to be higher now.

Now my question : How high should the flame be, some say 30 to 35mm.
    Is this OK?
    How do you turn flame up and down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

HBAMS wrote: »
    Is this OK?

Not sure about the height of the flame, I haven't had a need to open mine up yet.
    Same for turning it up or down, is there any detail in the manual? Probably best to email dometic on their customer support page.
    I wouldn't like to guess these answers as I recently seen the charred remains of a motorhome which wasn't a pretty sight.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

HBAMS wrote: »
    Thanks stapeler

We took burner apart again today for the 3 time +.

We got air hose and blew it out, The flame seems to be higher now.

Is this OK?

I would think that if you have a flame, then the problem is quite serious - something to do with the refrigerant etc. - not just gas flow and a good flame.
    Jim.

Advertisement