Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is There An Equivalent To Firebug For Internet Explorer?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

One of the most useful tools I've come across in the last few years is Firebug. I vaguely remember something similar being available for Internet Explorer but I can't remember the name and a Google search hasn't turned up anything much.

Specifically I'm looking for the ability available in the HTML tab of Firebug where the HTML elements can be navigated through to see exactly what CSS settings are affecting them.

This screenshot illustrates what I mean (I hope). The styles affecting the highlighted line on the left are shown on the right. Click on the picture to enlarge:
    boards_pic_thumb.jpg

I am doing some website maintenance at the moment and I'm sure many of you know how just how irritating Internet Explorer can be when it comes to getting page elements to display correctly and consistently with other browsers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It looks like I should have continued to search a bit more before I posted :). I found the IE Developer Toolbar. It looks like it is providing the functionality that I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just in case anyone using Opera doesn't know this: On Opera versions above 9.5, go to Tools->Advanced->Developer Tools and up will pop Opera Dragonfly. This is the Opera version of Firebug.

Advertisement