Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Online Store for bulbs?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Morning all, looking for an online option for H7 dipped headlight bulbs.

I was in Halfrauds yesterday and their "Extreme Brilliance" type was €30 so I'm wondering if there is a cheaper online alternative. I am looking for a good quality bulb and don't mind waiting a few days as I have access to other cars in the evening time.

Also, Halfords Rally Bulbs were only €10. Aside from their illegality on the road what separates them from the other more expensive bulbs?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've used www.powerbulbs.co.uk more than once, i've always found them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Excellent, that site looks very familiar. Any one care to reccommend from this lot;

http://www.powerbulbs.com/bulb_finder.asp?cat1=39&make_id=29&model_id=841&year_id=841&bulb=1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

"Philips Blue Vision H7" look quite good. I wouldn't bother with the Osram ones. I just got a set for my car, and they're not quite as white as I was hoping for - still a bit of a yellow hue.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like Osram Night Breakers

I got the X-Treme Power in the H4, found them much better than standard. They're not cheap in the H7, although I found them good enough that i'd pay the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

biko wrote: »
    I like Osram Night Breakers

+1 - for about €25 on e-bay you can get a set. Have the H4 and H7 in two cars and saw a remarkable improvement.

Going to get the X-Treme Power I think. Pack of 2 isn't bad for €37 considering Halfords wanted €29 a piece for their own brand.

Final question, does anyone have discount codes for this site?

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Final question, does anyone have discount codes for this site?
    I had one, think it was worth 15% or so. If you give me an hour or so, i'll see if I can dig it out for you.

Cheers Anan1, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Echo the recommendation for powerbulbs.co.uk, I've dealt with them on a number of occasions and all went well. One thing I would say though is to get a spare or two while you're at it.

• Advertisement

Here's the code for 15%: astgt15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Is it just me or do most of these sites not know the fittings a car takes, despite having the "select a make/model" option.

Micksgarage tells me I need a H7 for main and dipped, when in fact I need a H7 for dipped and HB3 for main. Powerbulbs on the other hand knows this!!

(And yes, I was stupid enough not to check before ordering)

@OP: I, like Eoin S am also disappointed at how "not exactly white" Osrams are

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I bought mine off eBay from this seller. Delivery was relatively prompt.

Bulbs arrived this morning as described. Fitted them this evening and I can't recommend them highly enough. Huge gains in pure white light from the old bulbs and the bulbs also seem to throw more light out to the side of the car. Free pack of parking bulbs aswell which were a great improvement on the previous ones.

All for the just over the price of one of Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulb. Job.

Cheers again Anan1.

Advertisement