Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psd. Designed....

Options
  • 17-08-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Ok i designed a website in a psd in photoshop now i want to know the best way to code it and have it as a html and css pages , i heard the photoshop slicing is a bad job , so im looking for links or anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I normally end up chopping it up myself into the required bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Sighface wrote: »
    Ok i designed a website in a psd in photoshop now i want to know the best way to code it and have it as a html and css pages , i heard the photoshop slicing is a bad job , so im looking for links or anything

You can slice the design into individual images using Photoshop, just don't use the resulting html file as it's poorly formed for todays web standards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What John said.

Learn a bit of HTML & CSS and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Sighface

thanks lads for the advice , know for future to design for html css instead of designing for photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Once you know HTML/CSS it's a great starting point.

I design stuff in photoshop, and then 'assemble' it (for want of a better term) with HTML/CSS afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement