Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC/PS2 games for €1 in Zavvi

Options
  • 17-08-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is in every Zavvi but I was in the one in the Whitewater Centre in Newbridge today and they had a big table with loads of games, all for €1. Mostly PC games but I got 2 PS2 games too. Some good PC games too. Got Grim Fandango for €1... bargain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Really?? Jeez i got to get into the one in kilkenny tomorrow and see if theres any bargains there, is it like a bargain bin, or literally a table?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Must check Limerick :) Thanks for heads up! Shall be stocking up...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Same in Limerick,was there today

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

It's in Cork as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

jayteecork wrote: »
    It's in Cork as well.

sweet. i'm def going in there tomorrow to check it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Liffey Valley also. Grim Fandango..jammy. Best PC game I could find was Prey. Possibly the PS2 titles were good'uns but I wasn't looking. Cardboard boxes of the things stacked at the store entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭angryInch

jackncoke wrote: »
    Same in Limerick,was there today

Was there many PS2 games in the Limerick store?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

In Sligo I didnt see to much PS2 games ,maybe 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Athlone town centre. Only PC games, no PS2 games.
    All rubbish games i would not play. I saw red faction 2 which i did not play. I liked the first one though. The ability to blow holes in almost any wall was cool.

mgadget wrote: »
    Liffey Valley also. Grim Fandango..jammy. Best PC game I could find was Prey. Possibly the PS2 titles were good'uns but I wasn't looking. Cardboard boxes of the things stacked at the store entrance.
    Prey was €1? Im still waiting to get a lift into town and have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

I got Prey, Serious Sam 2,Juiced,Rainbow Six Lockdown, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Settlers IV.

devil-80 wrote: »
    I got Prey, Serious Sam 2,Juiced,Rainbow Six Lockdown, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Settlers IV.
    All €1 were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

Yep, all €1, I was in Liffey Valley, The Square and Dundrum over the last few days and got the following, all €1.

PSP - Snooker 2007
    PS2 - Chronicles of Narnia
    PS2 - Viewtifil Joe
    PS2 - Prince of Persia (two towers i think??)
    PC - Prey
    PC - Rush to Berlin
    PC - Paraworld
    PC - Serious Sam 2
    PC - Flags of war (i think thats what its called)
    PC - Sin episode 1

there were also some ds games, just 1 title i think, cant remember

In town on the signs it says "Games €5 and under are now €1", but Prey was €8 in kilkenny, oh btw, yeah KK also has the sale, lots of big boxes to right in the shop. Anyway, Prey was €8, was it that in Liffy Valley and still €1 or was it €5? OR did I interpret that sign wrong?
    I got Serious Sam 2 for PC for €1 also. KK Has lots of Splinter cells, tony hawks, sensible soccer, prey etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

CyberWaste wrote: »
    In town on the signs it says "Games €5 and under are now €1", but Prey was €8 in kilkenny, oh btw, yeah KK also has the sale, lots of big boxes to right in the shop. Anyway, Prey was €8, was it that in Liffy Valley and still €1 or was it €5? OR did I interpret that sign wrong?
    I got Serious Sam 2 for PC for €1 also. KK Has lots of Splinter cells, tony hawks, sensible soccer, prey etc.

Yeah, some titles still have the old price tags on them but are €1 when you go to the till, i was prepared to say "hang on, dont want it" a few times when i thought a title might be in the box by accident.

Picked up Serious Sam II, Red Faction II, Mashed and Racing Simulation 3...Not a brilliant selection but you can't be too picky at €1 a shot!

Didn't see the PS2 games though (Limerick) but overall a good trip!

🤪

cruachan7 wrote: »
    Yeah, some titles still have the old price tags on them but are €1 when you go to the till, i was prepared to say "hang on, dont want it" a few times when i thought a title might be in the box by accident.
    No sorry I dont think you understood what I was saying, in kilkenny on the sign in small print it says that games that have the €5 sticker or lower are only €1, so Prey was €8 so I presumed it was still €8 judging by the sign, did you get it for €1 and if so did it have the €8 sticker on it or was it €5? Or did I interpret the sign wrong? Get what I mean?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

got a few pc games for the kids, pippa funnell, animal hospital in africa and another horsey one but no ps2 games in blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Whats the nearest Zavvi to dublin city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Blanchardstown or Dundrum :)

• Advertisement

CyberWaste wrote: »
    No sorry I dont think you understood what I was saying, in kilkenny on the sign in small print it says that games that have the €5 sticker or lower are only €1, so Prey was €8 so I presumed it was still €8 judging by the sign, did you get it for €1 and if so did it have the €8 sticker on it or was it €5? Or did I interpret the sign wrong? Get what I mean?:o

Would have had the €8 sticker (they all seem to - my purchases had €2, €6, €5, €6 but at the till - €4 total)...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

theres some pretty decent games in that for €1. might have a head down to dundrum and check it out. also grim fandango is brilliant and to get it for a euro is really good going, even if it is around 10 years old (i think)

I got Prey, Final Fantasy online, Vietcong 2, Sensible soccer 2006, Tony Hawks american wasteland, Juiced, Red Faction II, Zeus Master Of Olympus, Rainbow Six Lockdown. All for PC and each €1, so that sign means nothing where it says games €5 and under are only a euro, couldnt find grim fandango though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

looks like some people got pretty decent stuff. There was a fairly poor selection in the Zavi in cork. All they seemed to have was lots of copies of championship manager and some other random crap ones. None of the titles above. They had 2 tables and shelf with them on it. I'd say they only had about 10-15 different games and then just loads of copies of the same crap game :( Did anybody get any decent games in the Zavi in cork?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

There were still a few PS2 games left in Zavvi in The Square the other day.

I picked up World Championship Snooker 2007, Brian Lara Cricket, Chronicals of Narnia & a couple others.

Lots of decent PC games still left down near the back of the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

suppafly wrote: »
    looks like some people got pretty decent stuff. There was a fairly poor selection in the Zavi in cork. All they seemed to have was lots of copies of championship manager and some other random crap ones. None of the titles above. They had 2 tables and shelf with them on it. I'd say they only had about 10-15 different games and then just loads of copies of the same crap game :( Did anybody get any decent games in the Zavi in cork?

zavvi in cork was crap when i was there a few days ago too. championship manager, dirty dancing the game and katz/dogz 17... no grim fandangos anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

very poor selection in blanch also , no ps2 games at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

dolittle wrote: »
    very poor selection in blanch also , no ps2 games at all
    Lots of Football Managers and other crap. The best game there was probably Hitman 1.

Advertisement