Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for Snickers Workwear ?

Options
  • 17-08-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Looking to get some new workwear for the up coming winter, last lot of stuff I got was in New Ross and go them quite cheap . Anyone know the best/cheapest in the south east or online ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

I presume you've tried CEF, Clem Jacob etc ? Not sure on prices thou lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

found a place in the UK www.vanguardsafety.co.uk

Min shipping price is 12euro and max is 24 euro

so two pair of Snickers DuraTwill™ Trousers - Dark Grey to my door is €132

I think ill go with this place and get a few more bits as it dont affect the shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I used to purchase a lot of safety/work clothing from M.A. Healy. Can't remember where they are, but they have a van in the south east 1 or 2 days a week. 0402 - 32116.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

bp_me: PM numbers instead please :)

Dont want any drunken boardsies ringing that number now do we :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Apologies.

Luckily it's an office so the drunken call wouldn't do much good except for maybe some entertainment the next day on the answering machine.

OP, if you want the number let me know or google should find their website handily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully, their number is no secret. They are a business and also have a website(albeit its under construction atm) and many other websites carry there contact details

http://www.sireh.com/ie/m/1/m_a_healy_&_sons_ltd-wicklow/
    http://www.build.ie/company_485536.htm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

For some reason, we have been asked not to post any numbers on the site and do it over PM only. Even for numbers on their website. :)

Sully wrote: »
    For some reason, we have been asked not to post any numbers on the site and do it over PM only. Even for numbers on their website. :)
    Fair enough, for some reason things are really getting stricter and stricter on here lately, I'm on about boards.ie in general now, rather than just our Waterford forum.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Fair enough, for some reason things are really getting stricter and stricter on here lately, I'm on about boards.ie in general now, rather than just our Waterford forum.

Think so? The number thing has been blocked for years now... must actually look into why. Tis only a minor thing anyway! I think a lot of the other stuff is fair, but others dont see it from our point of view. Very like how this forum is run. :/

Are you sure the telephone numbers policy has been in place for years? I along with many other posters, have posted various telephone numbers of companies on here and many other threads on boards in the past, Some that spring to mind are panel beaters and mechanics in Waterford. Doctors also.

Then there is the usual numbers for eircon, Nthell, $ky digital, on the BB and satellite forums.

• Advertisement

Are you sure the telephone numbers policy has been in place for years? I along with many other posters, have posted various telephone numbers of companies on here and many other threads on boards in the past, Some that spring to mind are panel beaters and mechanics in Waterford. Doctors also.

Then there is the usual numbers for eircon, Nthell, $ky digital, on the BB and satellite forums.

Yup.. unless im missing out on the bigger picture. Just speaking to Al, he thinks its to stop people getting abuse. Ill look into it tho.. I know it got snipped out of a post in Motors (only a short while ago).

Thanks for the heads up!

It seems that different forums have their own practise on this.. still a bit confused, but an Smod said posting of numbers shouldnt have ever been a problem. I have no problems with it myself and I dont think Al has either. We both thought numbers werent allowed in posts!

So, added the number back in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

got in touch with www.vanguardsafety.co.uk today , very nice people , they came up with a price of €113 for TWO pairs of Snickers DuraTwill™ Trousers delivered to my door via 2/3 day DHL , think im going to get a few more bits from them at this rate !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 m4michael

try switchcraft.ie if your still searching for those trousers... sorry I'm a bit late,.. new user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 m4michael

re. above I see you got your answer already, still trying to figure out hoe this thing works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mutebuy

I just bought a load of snickers gear from www.switchcraft.ie - got good value (from comparisons) and free delivery. sweet!

I wonder if they were called marathons in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭trevm

ERS are snickers dealers in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 activew

Try Snickersonline.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

m.a. Healy are based in arklow co.wicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 activew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 toolmonkey

i see ept in carlow have a great special offer on worktrouser and hoodie for €89... hard to get special offer page open but here it is www.ept-irl.com/offers/details.aspx?ID=44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daaaave

Tool guru have a good range of it here >>> Snickers workwear

There's also a comp on so if you win you could get £100 worth of it for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

If you are looking for Snickers Workware EPT Carlow have a large range. www.ept-irl.com

Advertisement