Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note to TV3: Martin King's Commercial Breakdown

Options
  • 17-08-2008 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

When buying in a show to cut out the original presenter & drop your own cutaways with your own presenter... If that original format has an audience laughtrack & applause, it's probably better to keep that format rather than have the presenter in a casual setting...

Must try harder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Probably deliberate. No one would believe the sound of (intentional) laughter and applause in reaction to Martin King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

is he the weather guy?

WHY?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Morgans

iMax wrote: »
    When buying in a show to cut out the original presenter & drop your own cutaways with your own presenter... If that original format has an audience laughtrack & applause, it's probably better to keep that format rather than have the presenter in a casual setting...

Must try harder.

Well said. I turned over to see how it compared to Jimmy Carr's effort for one minute. I think Carr does the fake audience thing well, but jaysus TV3. I dont know why I thought it would be any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It was a surreal experience to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Morgans wrote: »
    Well said. I turned over to see how it compared to Jimmy Carr's effort for one minute. I think Carr does the fake audience thing well, but jaysus TV3. I dont know why I thought it would be any better.

But doesn't Jimmy Carr do his little bits in front of an audience??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Morgans

The same audience laughter track is used. I would be very sceptical if they are actually present.

He does it well and I could be wrong on this. I've never watched the program too closely so I could be corrected on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Martin King is a mallet headed dope.

He's just the TV3 odd job man, this show a perfect example.

Impressive Accolades though...

"He has won the Favourite Weather Presenter category at the Walkers Sensations TV Now Awards for three years in a row. In 2007 he was nominated for TV Personality of the Year at the Irish Film and Television Awards however he lost out to Bill O'Herlihy from RTÉ."

Source: Wiki (where else)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Martin Kings Commercial Breakdown was PAINFUL to watch. Who told that guy that he was funny? All those stupid comments inbetween the ads about his ma on the phone and his aunties was just embarrassing.

Cant believe that the producers didnt even bother to cut out the laughter track.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Does he do people's birthdays?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Did anyone get to see this show? I would have just like to have seen it to see how he did it, I am sure it was the usual type of Commerical Breakdowns that the BBC do.

Anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Merged...

See I don't watch TV3 so I miss it when they make TV.

Interesting!!! I would have liked to have see it.

I look forward to his new show in the autumn call The Real Holiday Show.

It's on again on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The actual ads that were shown on it were funny but martin king completely ruined it. his "amusing" anecdotes were brutal and he went on for five minutes each time.
    how anyone finds this guy entertaining is beyond me and the finest minds in the universe.

how anyone finds this guy entertaining is beyond me and the finest minds in the universe

Who the managers in TV3?

I missed it again, I am soooo disappointed I am going to have to get Sky Plus just so I won't miss it next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The man is a cnut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

If you think this is bad, wait until you see his "Real Irish Holiday Show"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

darkdubh wrote: »
    The man is a cnut.

I wouldn't go that far. Unless the definition of the word has changed since I was a young lad.

Unfunny does not = C*nt. He seems like a nice enough fella from what I can gather.

• Advertisement
Advertisement