Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good programmes ruined by presenters/voice-overs

Options
  • 17-08-2008 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

There are a couple of good environmental related programmes that are on BBC but they are presented and voiced over by a Scottish guy. I'd really like to watch the programme but his voice is so patronising and everything he says is simplistic and not particularly informative. It's probably aimed at a younger/less informed audience, but it still bugs me.

Anyone else have a show ruined for them by the pesenter/voice-over person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Those "funniest videos" or clips shows.....MOST of the comments are quite annoying.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Those "funniest videos" or clips shows.....MOST of the comments are quite annoying.

*Clip of a child falling off a merry-go-round and cracking its skull*
    Commentator: "That kid knows How to get... A ROUND!"
    Bad-dum-tish
    Cue recorded audience laughter no.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I always wondered about the type of person that not only laughs as their child brains themselves, but then submits this recording of their laughter to national tv...

Agree with the commentators on this. Or "When Sports Goes Bad" and the likes... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

TV3 insist on putting music in the background of every single show and its usually an innapropriate song.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best candidate for this has to be Dragons Den.
    Evan Davis' commentary is completely redundant and drags the show out unnecessarily.

Peter Jones: I think its a terrible idea and will not make any money. I'm out.
    Evan's Voiceover: Peter Jones is out.

Really, Evan? Ya think? I wasn't completely sure what Peter meant when he said he was out, so thanks for clarifying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The americans fist coined the phrase ' canned laughter ' inserting it into any comdey series you can think of (just in case you didnt get the punch line ) and if you notice the same celebs seem to pop up on 'best of naughty bloopers ' all the time .I think the canned laughter /voice over is as usual annoying and used to keep us awake

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

My absolute fav is that toerag from worlds deadly police chases/shootouts, think he's some retired sherrif or something but he is just so OTT that its borderline heroic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah yeah.... Sheriff John Bunnell.... Every episode he'd say the immortal line:

What happened next was unbelievable.

You could make a drinking game out of it.

For SJB fans, check this out. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah yeah.... Sheriff John Bunnell.... Every episode he'd say the immortal line:

What happened next was unbelievable.

You could make a drinking game out of it.

For SJB fans, check this out. :)

Thats the one, i espically love at the start of every episode he's in a swat van or police as if he's in the middle of a high speed chase.

I in fact am going to start a drinking game with that show

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ziedth wrote: »
    Thats the one, i espically love at the start of every episode he's in a swat van or police as if he's in the middle of a high speed chase.

I in fact am going to start a drinking game with that show

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The guy who does the voice overs for the nature/disaster/airplane/accident documentaries on RTE 2.

Ohhhhh.....he's so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

The guy who does the voice overs for the nature/disaster/airplane/accident documentaries on RTE 2.

Ohhhhh.....he's so annoying

Ah christ I hate that guy!
    Its an "Ok" show, I do enjoy a few episodes but that guy really messes it up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Battle of the planets, though I enjoyed it and it was legendary DJ Casey Casem.

He voiced over the edited out ultra violent bits, it would be good to see the original as the Japanese makers had intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Krieg wrote: »
    Ah christ I hate that guy!
    Its an "Ok" show, I do enjoy a few episodes but that guy really messes it up for me.

That and the fact that they repeat every scrap of information endlessly and it gets so repetitive.

Advertisement