Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrated Website Builder

Options
  • 17-08-2008 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Have a bit of a project on the go at the minute though don't know how to approach it. In a nutshell I am looking for software (hopefully open source) that will allow a user to:

A) Log onto a website say www.mysite.com, create a sub domain of something like mycompany.mysite.com or www.mysite.com/mycompany and register basic information.

B) On completion of registration of the subdomain, the user has a selection of standard templates to create a 1-3 page website. I am hoping that there is software that has an integrated website builder rather than the user having to ftp files upto the domain.

C) Possibly integrated POP/SMTP email services also allow that will create an email address of mycompany@mysite.com etc.

I guess you could say I am looking for something along the lines of geocities mixed with a taste of bebo, though its not for a social networking site and its also on a much much smaller scale. Possibly 100 - 150 subdomains at the most.

Anyone have any experience with software that does something along these lines?. Don't really want to go down the lines of developing it from scratch, I know there are numerous open source integrated website builders though they don't seem to support the creation of subdomains?.

Cheers for any info chaps, much appreciated..

Comments

Advertisement