Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive

Options
  • 17-08-2008 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember the programme Drive that used to be on RTÉ 2, I think? :rolleyes:

It's odd, because even though it only had a short run of a few seasons, I can't seem to find any reference to it online. Does anyone have any idea of whether there are sites for it and what the links to those would be? :confused:

Plus, if anyone can name the main presenters, that would be great. I have totally forgotten their names, even the female racing driver's name. :mad:

Why do I want to know? I'm just curious and feeling slightly nostalgic. :)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Michael Sheridan,Karl Tsigdinos were the presenters. Sarah Kavanagh was the female racing driver: pretty too AIR. Was on air aprox 97,98,99. A consumer car progran a bit like the old top gear b4 it became a lads comedy show with a motoring theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Sandwich wrote: »
    Michael Sheridan,Karl Tsigdinos were the presenters. Was on air aprox 97,98,99. A consumer car progran a bit like the old top gear b4 it became a lads comedy show with a motoring theme.
    Holy ****, I remember now. Thanks for the info!

I gotta say, I love Top Gear. Maybe it's not as factual as it should be, but it just makes me collapse with laughter. RTÉ or any Irish broadcaster will never do anything as bold.

Sarah Kavanagh was the female racing driver: pretty too AIR.
    pic.jpg

WHOA, I'd agree. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They could never afford that scope and quality.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    They could never afford that scope and quality.

Mike.
    The funny thing is, it's not about the money. English grown programmes are just better, because their broadcasters hire presenters with personalities. They try a lot harder.

Look at what we have. We don't even compare. Pat Kenny? The most overpaid person in Ireland. He's boring, and represents the clichéd amateur type of television presenting. Podge and Rodge are the only ones that don't send me into a coma. But, why? It's not that Irish people aren't able or that we are boring, because we're not! Our broadcasters need to hire the right type of people to front their shows and the right type of producers to get the most out of them. Once that's managed properly, then we can bring up the lack of money these broadcasters have to do anything visually spectacular.

Sorry for the rant, but to me it seems unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Michael Sheridan,Karl Tsigdinos were the presenters. Sarah Kavanagh was the female racing driver: pretty too AIR. Was on air aprox 97,98,99. A consumer car progran a bit like the old top gear b4 it became a lads comedy show with a motoring theme.

It had terribly simplistic car reviews, like this is the sterring wheel, it has gears etc. Sheridan is that plonker who used to be in Bull Island who did a profoundly irritating impersonation of Gerry Fleming the weatherman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

mickd wrote: »
    It had terribly simplistic car reviews, like this is the sterring wheel, it has gears etc. Sheridan is that plonker who used to be in Bull Island who did a profoundly irritating impersonation of Gerry Fleming the weatherman

ah bull island, loved that show, i could only find one clip of it on youtube, anybody know where i could find more?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Morgans

Dont forget Finbarr's class. Where he wrote the story of a teacher in an inner city school who touched the hearts of some hardskins. It didnt end well for Finbarr in the end though.

Hope he made his money then.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought ye were referring to Tim Minear's excellent but short lived show last year..!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770521/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You watch waaaaaaaaaay to much american telly :)

Some mouth on her

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA3NzM1ODk3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjExMjU1._V1._SX267_SY400_.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mike65 wrote: »
    You're right there... quite an ummm.. mouth on her!
    Referral Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA3NzM1ODk3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjExMjU1._V1._SX267_SY400_.jpg" on this server.

Reference #24.ced57a5c.1219094907.139b62fc
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

basquille wrote: »
    I thought ye were referring to Tim Minear's excellent but short lived show last year..!

I did too..that was great. wondered how it (was supposed to)ended.

Grr

basquille wrote: »

I watched that. FOX are a bunch of *****. They seem to cancel anything that's half decent. They have no sense whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MattEmulsion

Back on topic - One thing I remember about the show as the logo which was "Drive!" (exclamation mark very important) but to me looked like Drivel - which kind of summed up the show for me

Advertisement