Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

current market wages for web people

Options
  • 16-08-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

does anyone have any links for sites that state the current wage levels for designers,developers, dba's etc etc in ireland
    i know depends on experience etc etc but i remember comming across a site a few years ago that listed job titles and wage ranges

tnx

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you work in web development, you will find a salary range for: web developer, software developer, software engineer, webmaster etc - most of which most people who work in web development could probably call themselves. The salary range for all of these could easily span a 40K bracket, so I don't know how much use it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

As eoin said, it's really quite large. If you're good you'll earn decent money, but not as much as an accountant.

Developers probably earn a bit more on average than designers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

You will probably be looking at more than 25 anywhere in the country, but less than 50. You may get a bit more in Dublin though.

It completely and utterly varies and is completely Dependant on many many factors. Your experience, your location, your position in the team etc etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I think that depends on what type of web development you are doing. If it's more of a software engineer role developing a web-based application, then over 50 is quite achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Prosperity.ie conducted a survey about this a while back. The design category is your best fit for your job type.

• Advertisement
Advertisement