Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live/drink in Melbourne?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi all,

Will be arriving in Melbourne in a couple of weeks to work there for a year and was wondering if anyone has any tips about which areas are handy to live and where is good to head out???

Appreciate any tips!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I've only been here three weeks myself but from what I've seen Fitzroy and Brunswick seem to be the places to be. Close to the University so very studenty with lots of shops and cafes and far less touristy than St Kilda. We're staying in St Kilda at the moment as that's where all the hostels are but I can already tell it'd be a nightmare here in Summer. Especially if you're living here, not just holidaying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The north/northeast suburbs are good - reasonably affordable accommodation, lots of pubs and eateries. That's Fitzroy, North Fitzroy, Brunswick, Brunswick East, Carlton North...

Advertisement