Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The competition

Options
  • 16-08-2008 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the number one result for "computer repair" in Google which is www.homecomputerambulance.com

I cannot for the life of me figure WHY it is achieving a no.1 position. I do see that it has great back links from hostingireland but after that I fail to see how it is doing so well. The competition for this phrase is very high.

Can anyone spot what is giving such great results?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It has a page rank of 3, good choice of keywords, uses the title tag like a keyword tag, content matching keywords, probably has some good backlinks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

The title was something i looked at also

"Computer Repair Dublin PC Computer Repairs Service:PC Doctor Dublin Repair north Computer Repair Dublin PC Computer Repairs Dell"

Quite long, with repeated words using singular and plural. I havent seem many titles in this fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

You might want to consider using a different image on your page. I don't know who used the 'Help' button first, but both of you using it looks naff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Aye, It's used on a lot of repair sites I have been! I've been meaning to change it for a long time. Will do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just beginning to create the new IT site myself. Wont be using those type of stock images tho :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement