Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat 16th Rain Clearance

Options
  • 16-08-2008 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals,

We have a wedding today at 2pm near Thurles. Can people post in here according as the rain clears them so I can get a good idea if it will be dry in time for 2pm. Looking at the Sat24.com it appears there is a clearance moving into SW Kerry at the moment (9am) and may push in over us here just in time.

Cheers!
    Danno

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭kindredspirit

You might be lucky (just about!) for photographs after the wedding.

Here's Theyr.

NSpc0808151224.gif

NSpc0808151227.gif

10.15 now in Co. Limerick and dry but that band of rain coming from the west is approaching.

latest_radar-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

Danno wrote: »
    Hi Guys and Gals,

We have a wedding today at 2pm near Thurles. Can people post in here according as the rain clears them so I can get a good idea if it will be dry in time for 2pm. Looking at the Sat24.com it appears there is a clearance moving into SW Kerry at the moment (9am) and may push in over us here just in time.

Cheers!
    Danno

+1 here, my brother is getting himself hitched up today and the reception is in a marquee beside the house:eek:

I'm watching that clearance, seems to be making slow progress towards us, its really dark and miserable here ATM as well as being sopping wet.

Knowing our luck the rain in the west will arrive just as we leave the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Line of showers currently from Sligo to Cork via Birr. Hopefully these will cross over here between 12.30 and 1.15pm. Probably will be sitting over a line from Waterford to Derry come 2pm. Does not look good for Rathangan. Nice clearance just pushing in over Limerick City now... Touch and go...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭kindredspirit

12.50. Just back to house. Still raining here at mo'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Showers cleared just in time for the Chruch at 2pm, lovely after with plenty of blue sky, but a tad breezy. We were very lucky. Good day was had by everyone. Sore heads around today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

Danno wrote: »
    Sore heads around today :D

+1 Here

But we survived the storm, though all the water about didn't do much for the electrics....

Heading back down for round 2 shortly.:D

Advertisement