Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Dream?

Options
  • 16-08-2008 5:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

OK just woke up out of the weirdest dream of my life and had to record it and chose Boards:

So I'm having a fairly long standard dream the details of which I can't remember up unti this point. I am waking down a road in my village past a school and I notice the gate is slightly ajar (unusual because it is normally fully open or fully closed). But at this point I remember that i had been dreaming earlier that I was walking down the road and the gate had been in the same position. Then I start to think to myself "Did I predict this in my dreams". Then came the usual dream bit of wondering "Am I dreaming right now"... After this came a short burst where I don't know exactly what was happened but I think there were like two or three birds flying directly at me and I ducked... Here came the weird part...

I'm lying in bed face up with my head pointing to the left with my eyes open (They were actually open as you'll hear later). I'm still very much zoned out but I feel light bodied like I'm about to lift off. I become aware again that I am dreaming and think it's gonna be one of those where I just start to fly around at will. but no: I can't move. It was like my eyes were awke before the rest of my body but I couldn't even move my head to shift my view. This is where it gets spiritual.

(Understand I'm not a spiritual person at all. I don't believe in any god or any knid of afterlife. Very sceptical of all thing "supernatural")So I can't move but feel on the verge of lifting off but aware I was dreaming. Then I just start to believe (actually consciously decide to just accept this as reality) it was actually happening and at that point I started to raise. It was a strange sensation: not like I was being pulled but rather being pushed by a strong wind under me (I don't believe I was flatulent before you start).

I was practically on my way up but my feet, pressed against the board at the end of the bed were holding me down.At this point I really wanted to rise and started to try mentally to unhinge my feet but I still couldn't move. Where as when I really started to believe this was happening caused me to raise in the first place, I now became more cynical and tried to trick myself by telling myself "OK I believe in God, can I fly now?" not really being honest to myself just lying in order to fly.

At this point I woke up but it was no sudden jolt of an awakening. I was very slowly lowered back down to my bed. My eyes open all the time. It was like being brought out of hypnosis or how I imagine that would feel.

Upon my head touching the pillow I made a point of keeping my eyes fixed in the same direction almost afraid to confirm I was actually awake and just waiting for the dream to continue because it still seemed so real. When it didn't, I just looked around and thought about what had just happened. A couple of minutes later I checked the timeand it was only about 15 minutes since I reckon I fell asleep in the first place.

Weirdest dream of my life.
    Any thoughts/ analysis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Lucid dreaming maybe.

Advertisement