Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Lanterns

Options
  • 15-08-2008 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    Does anyone know how to make sky lanterns ?
    Or is there somewhere you can buy them in Ireland ?
    I know Amazon sell them but they won't ship to Ireland

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I googled it because I didn't know what they were, but I came across a discussion on another forum about them and there's someone who distributes them in Northern Ireland and the Republic.
    They're called Angelfirelanterns LINK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 oneless

Cool - I'll check them out
    Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

I've never heard or seen sky lanterns before. Checked out the site and they look cool. Some of them however looked a bit tacky but its something id think about getting for a party.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

They have them for sale on Ebay. They come from China, or there are other ones from the UK (no doubt from China originally with a mark up). We looked into them for an event, but didn't get any in the end.

They did deliver to Ireland and postage wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭alois

can be really dangerous when they land; have heard of houses being set alight by them,:( australia has a temporary ban on them;
    that said it's ireland and atm just about everything is f***ing wet so just be careful when you do it

• Advertisement
Advertisement