Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're a star

Options
  • 15-08-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Is it on this year because I can't find anything anywhere about auditions...does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hopefully its not. As bad The UK and US versions of it are....atleast one of their contestants can usually sing......and atleast their judging panels have actual music moguls on it...unlike ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I heard it was cancelled. Thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I always say I won't watch it but I usually end up watching it anyway.
    Robyn Kavanagh and Lucia Evans are the only people I ever saw on it who actually could sing. And Sharon whatshername was ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

janeybabe wrote: »
    I heard it was cancelled. Thank God.

What?! F**k me there really IS a santa clause! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Hopefully all that sort of cheap television will end soon.Especially reality TV shows:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

'You're a Star'

The chance for bad Karaoke singers families to get on D'Telly, while the singers get judged by a bunch of serial failures at life...all the while the singers are forever on the defensive (due to the lack of ANY singing ability) using the Phrase "Well I like the song" or another doozy is "Thats the way I've always sang it."

The only success that was to come out of You're a Star was Nadine Coyle and the KNUMBTY $HITHEADS kicked her out.

The production company behind it needs to burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What?! F**k me there really IS a santa clause! :p

It's been replaced by some other talent thing. I think Derek Mooney is presenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

So does this mean an end to those feckin "VOTE FOR JOHNNY/MARY" posters that are in our faces everywhere we look?!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

janeybabe wrote: »
    It's been replaced by some other talent thing. I think Derek Mooney is presenting.

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The only success that was to come out of You're a Star was Nadine Coyle and the KNUMBTY $HITHEADS kicked her out.
    And that wasn't even You're A Star...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Its suppose to be cancelled

Advertisement