Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton Shower Leaking (not PRD)

Options
  • 15-08-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

Our Triton T90si Shower is leaking water continuously - even when turned off!
    At the minute I have to turn of the water feed from the tank.

It happened after the shower head lead (where it connects to the shower) cracked. Not sure why this would have had any effect - so maybe it was coincidence. Either way the water is simply free flowing out.

Checking online there is lots of mention of the PRD. But the water is not leaking from this down pipe - but from the main outlet. Also from what I can read the PRD only goes if there is a blockage - which there wasn't.

So anyone got any ideas why the water is leaking?

What normally prevents the water from flowing?
    I assume its a valve thats open when the shower is turned on - but only guessing.

So if anyone can help - please let me know.

Thanks,

Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drag0n79

Likely blocked or faulty solenoid valve. If under warranty Triton will replace, it's a cheap part anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ndoherty

Thanks,

I doubt if the shower is under warranty as its over 3 years old.

Is there an easy way to test the solenoid valve - to see if its the problem?

Where would I pick up a replacement - would a general electrical wholesaler or retailers stock these?

Thanks,

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drag0n79

A search on this site and Google will turn up some suppliers & more info.
    In the mean time, turn it to full power and turn on and off quickly a few times, this might blow the blockage out. Only works in a few cases.

Advertisement