Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE Hi-Capa gas leak.

Options
  • 15-08-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone,

I'm just asking for a bit of help here, then again, that is what this place is for.
    I have a Hi-Capa 3.8, the baby of the family, and each time I fill the magazine I get a horrible hissing sound. I have heard that I should place the magazine in warm soapy water, but I'm terrified that I'll just make it worse. It's not so bad that it all comes shooting out, but it will empty the mag of gas in about half an hour.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gonzoguy

Placing the magazine is soapy water is going to make it possible for you to find the leak because bubbles will form on the leak. It won't make it worst. Then you can figure out what to do. Best chance if it's between pieces of metal is to take them apart if possible and add a layer of silicone glue or other gasket maker. If you can't take it apart, i'd say add as much silicone or gasket maker over the leak as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

dont put it in water, you'll only risk it getting rust on it,
    ya need to get some silicone grease and use plenty of it on the seals. You can remove the bottom of the mag either by screwing it off or removing the pins ( on some mags). then pop out the whole bottom bit with the valve in it. theres a rectangle shaped rubber seal on the inside and you need to remove that, put grease where it was sitting, then refit it and grease well. also put the grease on the inside of the magazine too. when ya refit it the mag shouldnt leak then., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

If the grease dont work get some Loctite or BondLock Hydraulic Sealant from your local hardware and apply some of it on the thread. Its only a few yoyos and it will definitly prevent any leaks. Its not permanent either can still be unsrewed and cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

It could be a loose screw on the mag.I'm not familiar withe the baby hi-capa.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

ah it needs some ferrous material in it to rust.
    youre safe enough puttin it under water to spot the leak then unscrew the part and use teflon tape or sealent to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 bbairsoft

Thanks everyone!!:pac:

Advertisement