Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Solar water heater

Options
  • 15-08-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

From what I can tell this is quite within the reach of the average DIY'er.
    I've seen a few sites covering different types but does any one know of a really good site that has lots of detail on how to build a tested system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 km_corrigan

google is always a good place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭wiredup

google is always a good place to start.

Yeah did that and as I said there are some sites but nothing super clear and easy to follow that I came across. Just wondered if anyone knew of a site or had followed one themselves to build a heater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭baldieman

Hi,
    You could try contacting the organic centre in Leitrim. They sometimes do basic courses in such things. The problem I see with a DIY job, I see, is it's ifficency and unless your getting second hand parts you may not be saving that much. I'm installing system at the moment, 36 tubes about 2.8k euro no grant. I'm hoping to be able to monitor exactly how much hot water it gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Advertisement