Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to live in North East

Options
  • 15-08-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi there,
    I am looking for some advice on where to live in the North East Region please. We want to live in a pretty village but struggling to find one that hasnt been attacked by housing estates.....:)
    So far we like Termokfeckin, seapoint, blackrock and carlingford. (but a face value decision dont know what they 'really like')

We have 1 child (2 1/2yrs) so schools are a consideration and another reason why we wanted to get away from the conjested areas like drogheda , bettystown etc.

most importantly we are looking for (or live near to):
    -sense of community
    -good school ratios ie not overcrowded!
    -setting, village, small range of shops, pub, tea room that sort of thing

your recommendations would be appreciated. I know its possibly a tall order !!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

From that list I would reccommend Termonfeckin. I live quite closeby and find it a pleasant spot, if a little light on shops etc.

Carlingford is picturesque if a llittle close to Dundalk for comfort...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

+1 for Termonfeckin

I used to live very near to there and it's lovely, definately ticks all the boxes you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Has Termonfeckin not been attacked by housing estates then???
    How about Annagassan? Small, picturesque, very little development and has a very small range of shops. Nice place and nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jellybelly12

i know ,:( but there are still really nice elements to it and the centre of the village is pretty etc. Hadnt thought about annagassen, will check out thanks for that....do you know if there are 'plans' for mass housing etc there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

I dont know of any plans for mass housing in Annagassan, though I would doubt it. There have been a lot of new builds in Catlebellingham lately, though they dont seem to be able to give them away. I saw some advertised at the weekend below 200k.

• Advertisement
Advertisement