Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Half price electricals-Tesco

Options
  • 15-08-2008 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

You've all probably heard the advertisements for the half price Technika offers on the radio- but tesco have portable dvd players for 49.99, 5mp Cameras for 29.99 and more. The good offers are probably gone as I type but some-one might get lucky and get something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

To add to the above, they also have a range of small power tools at half price. Most are under 20 yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Cheers OP! I got the dvd player for EUR 49.99 in Tesco Navan! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Cheers OP! I got the dvd player for EUR 49.99 in Tesco Navan! :)
    Is that the portable DVD player you got for €50? Could you tell me if it has AV input?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

anybody knows what camera at 29.99 is available, and if its available anywhere in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

According to the radio ad, all the products are technika.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

anyone looking for the Region free hack for the technika portable dvd player (PDVD-707) try this:

Open the DVD Door, on remote press Setup, Right, Right, Right

Enter 9653, a service page will appear,

Use Up/Down Bottom to change region Codes

Set to 0 (zero) for multi-region

All the portable dvd players are sold out in Mahon Tesco. They have quite a few of the 5mp cameras-29.99 portable speakers-7.98(I think) and dvd recorder for 59.99.

I got a tesco own brand(not value) toasted sandwich maker for 7 euro, which I was sort of pleased about.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

i've tried 2 stores for the dvd recorder for €59, cant find em anywhere, asked both managers in store and they hadnt a clue what i was talking about

anyone know where you can get em, in waterford or wexford,new ross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

got a battery drill for 20 squids. not the super crap one thats always there. a ~slightly~ less crap one. 14v 10mm chuck, hammer function..

bought it as a spare. its not great quality and no spare battery, but for 20e i wouldnt be cheated if i just took it apart for pieces..

which is not a terrible idea.. i might make an extended laptop battery from the nicad cells...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

rohe wrote: »
    i've tried 2 stores for the dvd recorder for €59, cant find em anywhere, asked both managers in store and they hadnt a clue what i was talking about

Think I seen this, but it was 59euro off the original price.....Price tags can look misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Hi there,

hubby got a Philips MP4 player for 39.99 (4 GB)...it was marked 90 Euro on the shelf...

They had a Medion Gopal PNA205 gps down to 74.95...

Loads of nice things like 1GB and 2GB mp3 players...

Cheers,

Magic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

magicEye wrote: »
    Hi there,

hubby got a Philips MP4 player for 39.99 (4 GB)...it was marked 90 Euro on the shelf...

They had a Medion Gopal PNA205 gps down to 74.95...

Loads of nice things like 1GB and 2GB mp3 players...

Cheers,

Magic

from which tesco?

anything available in clarehall?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Spipov wrote: »
    from which tesco?

anything available in clarehall?

Limerick, Crescent Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

rohe wrote: »

saw a few in tesco wexford yesterday :)

thanks chickey

will take a spin down there later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shannon81

has anybody seen them in the Louth/Meath/Dublin area?

they have em (dvd recorders €59) in the clonmel store if anyone is looking

I got the Medion Gopal sat nav which was 74.95 I have not even taken off the plastic shrink wrap because I am not sure if I want to keep it. Did anyone else get one and use it and what did they think.

lindtee wrote: »
    I got the Medion Gopal sat nav which was 74.95 I have not even taken off the plastic shrink wrap because I am not sure if I want to keep it. Did anyone else get one and use it and what did they think.

Opened it and am well impressed by it. For the price tag-you can't go wrong if you are looking for a basic unit-not the prettiest, not the biggest screen, not slimline.....but it does what it says on the tin. here's one review for it for those who are interested in buying one
    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/120464/medion-gopal-205.html

Advertisement