Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rottnest Island

Options
  • 15-08-2008 5:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

I hear there's really good surfing over there. What ferry do you take and from where? Is the fare expensive? Can you stay on the island? Will sharks get me? Can you drive on the island?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I hear there's really good surfing over there.

Not sure about the surf but the snorkling is amazing.
    What ferry do you take and from where?

Boat from down towards Fremantle. Best off going very early in the morning
    Is the fare expensive?

No idea but not expensive.
    Can you stay on the island?

Yep couple of B&Bs etc on the island
    Will sharks get me?

Possibly
    Can you drive on the island?

Nope. No cars allowed, only bicycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not sure about the surf but the snorkling is amazing.

Agree 100% the snorkling there is unreal. Its a must do !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

also, watch out for the Giant Rats :eek:

take yer feckin arm off if yer not careful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well you could always do what Scott Fava of the Western Force did and kick the living shite out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

I'd agree with the snorkelling on rottnest. I should post some pics I took when I went snorkelling there. You can rent boards on the island i think. I was thinking about it, but didn't in the end, as I was on my own, and think the surf spots are at the quiet side of the island.

I hired a bike, snorkel gear, and a map with snorkelling spots, and cycled around the island for the day. Amazing. They have plaques in the water explaining the plantlife etc as you swim along. I s**t myself once when I saw a fin in the water, and tore out and up the beach, only for it to be a dolphin, but I wasn't taking any chances, and surely sharks must hang around here????

I stayed in a hostel there which was an old army barracks. it was grand. You can book them in Fremantle at the sheds. I just arrived in the morning, and booked it there, and just headed out. There were a lot of school kids on the island, the annoying little pr**ks...:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement