Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV HD

Options
  • 14-08-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

MTV Networks is set to launch its European HD channel in September, according to Stefan Liebig, director of Content Distribution & Network Development, MTV Networks Germany. Speaking to the German Medienbote news service, he said MTV was looking for distribution partners who would be able to carry the channel as part of a premium package. The HD channel, already testing at the Eutelsat Hot Bird neighbourhood, is being masterminded by MTV’s Warsaw-based Emerging Markets group. News of the launch was first carried in Broadband TV News last September.

The MTV HD channel will broadcast in the 1080i HD with Dolby 5.1 surround. Programming will include recording from festivals, live concerts and special music events such as the MTV Video Music Awards and the MTV Europe Music Awards. Well-known TV series including MTV Unplugged and VH1 Storytellers will also be shown. During weekends a number of programmes from Nickelodeon will also appear.

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/?p=6802

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, read about that alright.

I'd expect it'll be on Sky+ HD at some stage.

It's encrypted on Hotbird (11075V), thoug I believe it's only a testcard atm.

Advertisement