Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Campus Accomodation

Options
  • 14-08-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

A friend of mine is heading north to do a masters and has applied for campus accommodation in Queens. Does anyone know what its like?, what comes with the rooms?, is there much partying etc, whats the situation with visitors?....

any other advice regarding the college itself / places to go out...

All help appreciated :)
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Cionád wrote: »
    Hey there,

A friend of mine is heading north to do a masters and has applied for campus accommodation in Queens. Does anyone know what its like?, what comes with the rooms?, is there much partying etc, whats the situation with visitors?....

any other advice regarding the college itself / places to go out...

All help appreciated :)
    Thanks

belfast is amazing, before i can make an attempt to answer could ya tell me wat accomadation she applied for e.g. elms village etc. and whether its ensuite or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

regob wrote: »
    belfast is amazing, before i can make an attempt to answer could ya tell me wat accomadation she applied for e.g. elms village etc. and whether its ensuite or not

Cheers, Elms Village was first choice, charles-something second choice. ensuite was preference. Don't know which has been accepted, but one of them has.. :)

Cheers, Elms Village was first choice, charles-something second choice. ensuite was preference. Don't know which has been accepted, but one of them has.. :)

elms village is great accomadation for it bein student accomadation. if a first year student is going to on campus accomdation they would go to elms. im not to sure if they have designated flats for postgrads. there does tend to be parties, as im sure ya can apreciate there first years there there for a good time, but a quick buzz to the security out front theyll get them to quiet down.

in relation to friends staying over, correct me if im wrong but i dont think its allowed but however i do think ya can rent a room for a nite or something like that.

belfast is a great student spot as the entire student population is in one area. a place i would reccomend for a good nite out would be the bot.

anymore questions dont be afraid to ask

regards

regob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Thanks,

Is there on site car parking? - is it free?
    regob wrote: »
    in relation to friends staying over, correct me if im wrong but i dont think its allowed but however i do think ya can rent a room for a nite or something like that.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Is there on site car parking? - is it free?

Can anyone confirm this?

there is parking in elms, nearly sure its not free and its limited, best thing to find out bout parking is to rign the accomadation office

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Permanent parking at elms cost £75 pounds per yr and is extremely limited. If you apply you will be sent a forum asking exactly why you think you deserve the honor of a parking spot. I made up some story and sure enough it got me a spot. However there is on street parking around, not convenient, but the area around elms is generally safe and full of other student cars. It can be very hard to find a spot though.

Regarding Elms accommodation: it is very nice, new and well kept but there is a lot of noise. It's all 1st years (everyone moves into private accommodation after 1st yr btw). So it's a great place to meet new students and party but perhaps more difficult for a post grad in some respects.

Places to go out - check out the Nightlife in Belfast thread on this page. There is a good review at the end of page 1

Hey there

I stayed in elms last year-and have to say it is quite good-although that depends on who ur sharin with n stuff!

No visitors are allowed after 11pm-they hav security at the front gate n they check everybody's room cards n id so theres no way of sneakin in:mad: Although der is a fence out the back but my friend climbed it n he later required stitches!

Regards to parkin-u can only park der if hav a parkin pass n they limited so not evryone gets n u hav to apply way early 4 dem. Der is a visitors carpark but u can only park der 4 an hour r sumtin gay like dat. Der is residential streets outside wer u can park tho.

Not paintin a great pic so far, im i?lol! But it actually is class craic-ders always somtin goin on and parties-

I knew someone who stayed in that charles place ur talkin bout n it is more for post grad students-ders also alot of international students who stay der. He said it was sound it was good craic but its not as mad as elms.

To head out-go lime lite (great indie club) and also m club (£3 in and £1 a drink!)

Hope this helps.....anything else jus ask.:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Hey guys, I'm just wondering how long it takes the accommodation office to get back to you to let you know you've definitely got a place? I got an email confirming they got my application about two weeks ago, but have heard nothing since. Thanks in advance! :)

Im not entirely sure but i know if you live outside belfast and you're 1st year you're defo guaranteed a place there. If you ring the elm's accomodation office they will be able to let u know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sunglasses

They should get notification of their accommodation soon, Queens have started sending out the e-mails with the accommodation offers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Thanks guys. I'm heading to Queens for Erasmus and we've been told that we are guaranteed on-campus accomodation, so more than likely I have a place there. Fingers crossed I won't be left homeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

If anyone is still undecided on their Queens accodation the best by a long way is staying in one of the QUB rental houses.
    They are gradually doing away with these and they may already be all gone but they are far better than Elms.

Pay a weekley / Annual rate and it includes all your heating and lighting bills. It prevents you having to worry about heating oil in the freezing weather and stingy roomies who won't turn on the heat!

You will get your own and generally meet lots of decent people there.
    I stayed in them right through UNI even though i knew people in Belfast and had offers of houseshares with class mates. Means you will meet other people outside your usual group of friends. Lots of Erasmus students as well, geat parties with them.

No problems with people staying over like in Elms.

Used to be located in College Gardens, Sans Souci Park, Mount Charles and a few other places.

Advertisement