Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single direction travel insurance

Options
  • 14-08-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all

I'm moving to Italy for a few years at the end of the month. Obviously, I'm bringing several valuable possessions and I'd like to get insured for my trip over there (which is by train and ferry, via London). I've been looking around at single-trip travel insurance with the likes of AIB, but there is a clause there that says that you must be returning to Ireland after your trip. Does anyone know of any insurers which offer single direction, single trip travel insurance? (Once I'm in Italy, I plan on getting multi-trip insurance from an Italian insurer.)

Grateful for any info you might have.

BDB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

http://www.worldnomads.com/faq.aspx

World Nomads allow you to take out a policy without having to return to your country of residence. Should be exactly what you're looking for.

Also, you just reminded me that I need to take out a policy with them before I travel on Saturday. Totally forgot about it. Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blackdiamondbay

Cheers SMB - that's great - I'm signed up now.

A word of warning for others looking at this: they only provide €800 cover for personal belongings (€400 for a single item) - this might not be enough for some people.

Advertisement