Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swaping Card Question

Options
  • 14-08-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi,

Am visiting my parents this weekend. Ive got Setanta sports, they have sky sports, exact same sky digibox.

Is there anything illegal, immoral or just down right wrong with bring my decoders card and swapping it over and back in their decoder to get as much soccer as possible?

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

AFAIK, your idear won't actually work I'm afraid.

the sky card and box have to be stuck/paired together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Bring your digibox as well as the card and simply plug in the cable from the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

davidm20 wrote: »
    Hi,

Am visiting my parents this weekend. Ive got Setanta sports, they have sky sports, exact same sky digibox.

Is there anything illegal, immoral or just down right wrong with bring my decoders card and swapping it over and back in their decoder to get as much soccer as possible?

Dave
    Nothing wrong with it. Just bring your card and when watching Sky your parents card will obviously do, and when there is a game on Setanta you want to watch just put your card into the box. Setantasports channels(with exception of racing I think)are not paired to individual digiboxes.

Advertisement