Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college fees

Options
  • 14-08-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering about the fees i have to pay for my college course in september. I already hold an honours degree and am doing another one. I am going into the 3rd year of my course and all along i have had to pay about €3,000 per year because i already hold a similar level qualification. However, this year the course only goes from september to december and then from january to may i will be doing work experience. So my question is this...will I still have to pay around €3,000 for the year or will they take it into consideration that in reality i am only going to college for half the year and the other half i will be working.

In reality what it will mean, if i have to pay €3,000 again, is that i will be paying around €300 per week just to go to college from september to december.

Also, if i wanted to enquire about this, who do i contact? the college i attend? or the department of education? or someone else?

Also, who sets the fees? is it the dept of education or is it the college itself?

Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to read/reply to my query.

D

Comments

djt0607 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am wondering about the fees i have to pay for my college course in september. I already hold an honours degree and am doing another one. I am going into the 3rd year of my course and all along i have had to pay about €3,000 per year because i already hold a similar level qualification. However, this year the course only goes from september to december and then from january to may i will be doing work experience. So my question is this...will I still have to pay around €3,000 for the year or will they take it into consideration that in reality i am only going to college for half the year and the other half i will be working.

In reality what it will mean, if i have to pay €3,000 again, is that i will be paying around €300 per week just to go to college from september to december.

Also, if i wanted to enquire about this, who do i contact? the college i attend? or the department of education? or someone else?

Also, who sets the fees? is it the dept of education or is it the college itself?

Thanks, in advance, for taking the time to read/reply to my query.

D

Hey djt0607,

You should contact the college yourself since they will have the breakdown of the fees. Indeed, they'll have the fees for what it would cost for any future years you would be doing which you could use as a guideline, but most colleges change the cost of the fees on a yearly basis (almost always increasing the costs!) so what you might be quoted for the fourth year today, if there is one, mightn't be what it would cost next year when you're doing it.

There is no way of me knowing whether they will charge the full whack or not, without getting into the nitty gritty of your particulars and as appealing as all that is (!) the best thing to do is to contact the college and they'll tell you the cost of the course.

Advertisement