Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cheap clothes sydney

Options
  • 14-08-2008 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi, hoping to head over to Sydney in a few weeks on a WHV. I am only packing my favourite stuff (dressy clothes, shoes, bags) and getting rid of the rest. On a budget so where is the best (ie cheapest) places to buy casual clothes when I get over there.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Jaybee

Supre is cheap and cheerful in my opinion www.supre.com.au or Sportsgirl www.sportsgirl.com.au and also www.portmans.com.au

All are in Westfield Shopping Centres around Sydney/Bondi and Pitt Street in the city.

Larger dept stores are Myers and David Jones, but they are not the cheapest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Jeansscene another and Jay-Jays (can get t-shirts for 6euro, and decent enough)

also Kmart/Target is the dunnes/penneys equivalent

but yes lots of cheap clothes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Hi

Nice to see your traveling Down Under

Good one is BigW

Drop by OzÉire and let me know how things go . Would love all the pictures , stories you have for everyone back home .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 4bugny

Oohh gonna have lotsa fun!! Thanks guys :D

http://www.bigw.com.au/women/footwear.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Cotton on.

Paddys market isn't that cheap. Socks in there were a rip off. Check out target, they always have 10-20% discounts off some department in there.

Myer sometimes have very good sales - esp for underwear.

There are some cheapo Asian run shops along Pitt Street. Good for shoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

there's lots of shopping tours around the factory outlets around surry hills and alex and mascot thats worth the trip if your a girl or into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

No one mentioned Lowes?

I'd be walking round half naked only for them, especially in these hard recession times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Is there a Savers Store in Sydney? There are about four of them down here even tho' they are actually an American company. I have bought some really cool retro gear for a few bucks rather than shopping in the usual run of the mill stores with the same style that everyone else wears. I think if I was a millionaire I would still delight in getting some recycled garb that you never see on anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jay Jay's is pretty cheap for your 'cooler' clothes. Some great t-shirts in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Jay Jay's is pretty cheap for your 'cooler' clothes. Some great t-shirts in there.

Do they still have that "its a warehouse-warehouse" ad?

God that drove me nuts.

At least it didnt follow me to Ireland like the goddamn Harvey Norman voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Jumpy wrote: »
    At least it didnt follow me to Ireland like the goddamn Harvey Norman voice.
    PMSL :D

Advertisement