Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 20

Options
  • 14-08-2008 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday, August 15
    Port Adelaide v Collingwood at AAMI Stadium, 7.40pm ACST

Saturday, August 16
    Essendon v Adelaide at Telstra Dome, 2.10pm AEST Live on Setanta Sports 1
    Melbourne v West Coast Eagles at the MCG, 2.10pm AEST
    Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs at the Gabba, 7.10pm AEST
    Sydney Swans v Geelong at ANZ Stadium, 7.10pm AEST Live on Setanta Sports 2

Sunday, August 17
    Richmond v Hawthorn at the MCG, 1.10pm AEST
    Carlton v North Melbourne at Telstra Dome, 2.10pm AEST Live on Setanta Sports 2
    Fremantle v St Kilda at Subiaco Oval, 2.40pm AWST

Highlights Monday Setanta Sports 2 @6pm and Wednesday on TG4 @ 11pm

Port Adelaide v Collingwood : Pies
    Essendon v Adelaide : Bombers
    Melbourne v West Coast Eagles : Eagles
    Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs : Lions
    Sydney Swans v Geelong : Cats
    Richmond v Hawthorn : Hawks
    Carlton v North Melbourne : Roos
    Fremantle v St Kilda : Saints

nightmare week for picking, as all the games could go either way. Pies should beat Power, but that has counted for nothing before with them. I think the bombers will beat an average Crows, but their loss last week might be hard to take and Crows are fighting for the finals. Eagles to win the wooden spoon game, they have to win! I think the Lions can take the dogs, and revenge on Aker. Cats to beat Swans. Hawks to beat Tigers. I think the roos have enough to beat the blues, but again, form goes out the window here. And Saints can beat Freo, but Freo in fairness have been unlucky, and have lost far too many games by single digits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Interesting week. A lot of hard-to-call games.

Also the race for 100 goals is on! Obviously Buddy is leading. He's on 91 with 3 games to go so looks good to kick the 100. Hasn't been done since 1998 apartently. Fev also has a outside chance on 84, but the Blues have 3 tough games to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Port Adelaide v Collingwood : Pies
    Essendon v Adelaide : Crows
    Melbourne v West Coast Eagles : Eagles
    Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs : Dogs
    Sydney Swans v Geelong : Cats
    Richmond v Hawthorn : Hawks
    Carlton v North Melbourne : Blues
    Fremantle v St Kilda : Dockers

Jeez, I've gone with 6 away wins!

Some really close ones to call. I'm 100% guaranteed to be hungover in the morning so gonna curl up on the couch at midday and watch the Eagles! :D

Buddy to kick 3 or 4 I think to set himself up nicely. Dogs to beat a woeful Lions who have been horrendous lately. Gonna go with the Blues to beat the Roos, no real reason why though! Can see the Fockers beating the Saints at Subi unless they start tanking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nice bit of tanking today from the Eagles. Absolutely disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I was flicking around and that game came on. With about 5 mins to go in the 1st quarter it was 2-1!!! Hilarious stuff! Needless to say I didn't watch it for long!

Advertisement