Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bets for the season

Options
  • 14-08-2008 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

I fancy this Acc to keep me intersted in all leagues

Man U to win the league 7/4
    Hull to go down 4/11
    Leeds to get promoted 8/11
    Qpr to get promoted (good value) 12/5
    Celtice to win SPL 3/4 (pays roughly 20-1

nice each ways for the top goal scorer:
    Dean Ashton - 66/1
    Gabriel Agbonlahor - 125/1
    Jo - 50/1

with the big bet being on a Man U hull double.

Any others of interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I said it in a seperate thread either man u / chelsea forecast or chels / man u forecast pay 3-1 and 10 - 3. if yer gonna put big money on, i cant see a safer bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Each way on Van Persie at 25/1 to be top scorer.

Lot to ask but he must say fit sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Originally posted by semibluff

Hull to go down 4/11

I believe the first two legs of this accum are related contingencies so choose your bookmaker wisely. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Originally posted by semibluff

I believe the first two legs of this accum are related contingencies so choose your bookmaker wisely. ;)

I know where your coming from Paddy but there not really - How does Man utd winning the league affect Hulls chances of survival and vice versa??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I know where your coming from Paddy but there not really - How does Man utd winning the league affect Hulls chances of survival and vice versa??

Just checked and PP won't allow it!

• Advertisement

jasonorr wrote: »
    Just checked and PP won't allow it!

Feckin joke to be honest id love to hear them give a logical explanation as to why??

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Originally posted by premierstone

This is straight from PP's website:
    "Related Contingencies:
    Multiple bets are not accepted where the outcome of one event contributes wholly or partly to the outcome of the other."

Ironically Man Uniteds last league match is against Hull City. It could be a league/relegation decider. How more related can you get! Of course other than that you have to factor in Man U beating the teams around Hull in the relegation battle and vice versa, teams around Hull taking points off Man Utds title rivals.:cool:

This is straight from PP's website:
    "Related Contingencies:
    Multiple bets are not accepted where the outcome of one event contributes wholly or partly to the outcome of the other."

Ironically Man Uniteds last league match is against Hull City. It could be a league/relegation decider. How more related can you get! Of course other than that you have to factor in Man U beating the teams around Hull in the relegation battle and vice versa, teams around Hull taking points off Man Utds title rivals.:cool:

I still think its a load of co*k tbh, it would be different if there was some sort of connection between hull and man utd, i guarantee you could have this bet with more bookies than not. I fail to see how utd winning the league increases the chances of hull being relegated or hull being relegated affects united chances of winning the league, which is effectively what PP are saying :confused:

I fully accept that you cant do a double such as Ronaldo to be topscorer and Utd to win the league as these results are clearly linked and each is affected by the other, but not allowing someone to do a random double on Champions/Relegation is a bit much, just my opinion mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

find a cowboy bookie, go into most local pubs youll find one. more mony then sense. theyll take d bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

semibluff wrote: »

Hull to go down 4/11

nice each ways for the top goal scorer:
    Dean Ashton - 66/1
    Gabriel Agbonlahor - 125/1
    Jo - 50/1

with the big bet being on a Man U hull double.

Any others of interest?

Agbonlahor gone into 16/1 for this after one game! :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

semibluff wrote: »
    Agbonlahor gone into 16/1 for this after one game! :eek::eek:

Ha yeah, good pick. If you backed it i'd lay some of it off now. No way playing for West Ham will he top the charts. But then again, i am a pessimist.

Advertisement