Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western rail corridor

Options
  • 13-08-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I was recently chatting to a friend about the rail corridor reopening and he believes that it has been scrapped. Does anyone know if this is true? A lot of money has been invested into cleaning up the line and fencing off the surrounding land owned by cie at a price im sure was not cheap, as several miles have been cleared. If this project has been scrapped, hasnt this all been a waste of taxpayers precious money in times of recession and economical downturn!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Phase 1 Ennis - Athenry will be open in 2009, not sure about Phase II Athenry-Claremorris. The remaining line up to Colooney is unlikely to ever see the light of day.

More at www.westontrack.com

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Phase 1 Ennis - Athenry will be open in 2009, not sure about Phase II Athenry-Claremorris. The remaining line up to Colooney is unlikely to ever see the light of day.

More at www.westontrack.com

+1. It hasn't been scrapped and the above mentioned parts are due to be completed on time(i think the date for the line to Claremorris is 2011 or 2012). It is rumoured that the full Limerick to Sligo route will not be done though. I think its to do with the amount of people who will use it. Not viable or whatever.

Advertisement