Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmer ad- the waterside pub

Options
  • 13-08-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just curious where is the waterside pub that you can see in the current ad for Bulmers. I can locate every part of the ad except this pub. Where is it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Got a youtube link for the ad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 samanthacarter

the current ad is on the bulmers website - here is the link below - if anyone has an idea where the pub is located, thanks for letting me know
    http://www.bulmers.ie/the-ads/Default.asp

Hmmm, I'm from that part of the world, about 5 miles from Bulmers but I have no idea where that pub is. I can't think of a place that has that kind of view over the Suir...

I am the same, live not too far from Clonmel but i have never seen this pub and was wondering where it could be. All the other part are filmed between Carrick on Suir and Clonmel but this pub is a mystery.

Yeah, I can spot the firld with the bales, the castle and the bridge (which I think is the one in front of the factory which takes you to the 'backroad' between Kilsheelan and Clonmel) but if that pub is anywhere in that part of the world then it's been kept a secret from me !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

According to another site, the pub is somewhere up around Fethard. not 100% though.

Although it cud be in cloneen according to another poster on the site

I have e-mailed bulmers because no one seems to know where it is in Tipperary. As soon as I get an answer, I will post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Its in the ad in the backround I think.

Need to find a hi-res version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

It may not even be a pub, it could be someones back garden:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

Most of that ad was done in Kilsheelan! Ponster that bridge is in Kilsheelan, not the one across from the factory. The field is in Kilsheelan as well, and the castle!

That pub could have been anywhere though... It could even be fake. The background looking over the lake looks like a photoshop job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Yep i would have to agree about the field and castle not being the one across from the factory.In all the time I was around the castle across from the factory [ and i spent some time there in a time long ago ]Inever saw hay ever cut in that field.

Actually I was thinking of the castle opposite of the old Tipperary Crystal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

it's defiantly the castle across from tipperay crystal. many moons ago i remember playing hide and go seek in there. and burning a bale of hay too one August ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

I'm of the opinion it's a makey uppey pub as well.

However if anyone feels like building one there I'll give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

0utpost31 wrote: »
    Most of that ad was done in Kilsheelan! Ponster that bridge is in Kilsheelan, not the one across from the factory. The field is in Kilsheelan as well, and the castle!

That pub could have been anywhere though... It could even be fake. The background looking over the lake looks like a photoshop job.
    Yes your spot on about the castle and the bridge being in kilsheelan.

looder wrote: »
    it's defiantly the castle across from Tipperary crystal. many moons ago i remember playing hide and go seek in there. and burning a bale of hay too one August ;)
    Sorry but your wrong, the castle your on about is is dove hill across from tipp crystal but the one in the ad is poulakerry castle about a half mile outside kilsheelan on the carrick road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,132 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

some one told me it was in the river down from clonmel, it's a private house on it's own little island that was temporarly converted to look like a pub for the ad....was pretty upset was looking forward to having a few cold ones there.....

not sure if it's true...:confused:

some one told me it was in the river down from clonmel, it's a private house on it's own little island that was temporarly converted to look like a pub for the ad....was pretty upset was looking forward to having a few cold ones there.....

not sure if it's true...:confused:
    You could be right cos no one seems to be able to come up with a pub name for it.

The latest on this is according to 2 "fix it Friday" on the Ray Darsey show on Today FM the pub in the add is actually in South Africa strangely enough,it says they went there because they would have guaranteed sunshine for the ad.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

The ad from 2006 may have been shot in Enza , but the current one is definitely around Clonmel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Its the pub in Clonmel thats near the roundabout near the Loretto school

Its the pub in Clonmel thats near the roundabout near the Loretto school

Really?

What's it called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

ryans bar nice pub for a faw good ones

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think its called the Emigrants Rest, Ponster

Thats an older ad.not the one we're talking about here.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I think its called the Emigrants Rest, Ponster

Unfortunately that's not the one in the ad which doesn't seem to be in a town but instead right in the middle of a river :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭SameDifference

I know this one...
    They actually filmed most of the advert around the slievenamon valley, but the pub scene was actually filmed somewhere in Cork.

I know this one...
    They actually filmed most of the advert around the slievenamon valley, but the pub scene was actually filmed somewhere in Cork.

I think at this stage unless someone posts with actual proof then all answers are as correct as the next one. :)

Anyone contact C&C ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

It's definitely not the Emigrants Rest, now known as Bernie Mac's, anyway.

Advertisement