Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap Imports - Parts

Options
  • 13-08-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm looking for a pair of wiper arms for my 93 Toyota Cynos. Mine were snapped off at the weekend by vandals. Given the Irish weather - I kinda need to use my wipers a bit at the moment! I've tried a few places but no luck, and Japrek in Cork's telephone number isn't working and directory enquiries have no info about a new one.

I'm also after a driver's door handle for a 96 Cynos.

Does anyone know anywhere to get Jap Import parts please.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hi there,

I sent you a PM with details that might help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

The cynos chasis is the same as the starlet, so there is a strong possibility that the wipers are the same...

Generally id say that any toyota wiper arms would fit, all of them are held on by a single nut so anyone from the toyota range should fit..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 corkant

Cheers Andrew and Luder.

I'll give both ideas a shot and see what happens. I'll post a result up here once I've found the best solution as it might help someone else out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

corkant wrote: »
    I'm looking for a pair of wiper arms for my 93 Toyota Cynos. Mine were snapped off at the weekend by vandals. Given the Irish weather - I kinda need to use my wipers a bit at the moment! I've tried a few places but no luck, and Japrek in Cork's telephone number isn't working and directory enquiries have no info about a new one.

I'm also after a driver's door handle for a 96 Cynos.

Does anyone know anywhere to get Jap Import parts please.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Anyone know if Japrek are not in operation anymore ? ..it would be a disaster for anyone with a jap import ,as they were great for 2nd hand parts

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd be fairly confident that Starlet ones would fit. failing that, a Toyota dealer would be able to get some Paseo wiper arms.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone know if Japrek are not in operation anymore ? ..it would be a disaster for anyone with a jap import ,as they were great for 2nd hand parts

I'll try and call by Whitechurch before the weekend and see what the story is.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd be fairly confident that Starlet ones would fit. failing that, a Toyota dealer would be able to get some Paseo wiper arms.

Great stuff, I'll post here how I get on. Thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

AFAIK Japrek is gone out of business...

gibbon75 wrote: »

That's what I feared, when there are no contact details or current record with directory enquiries... I'll confirm the speculation ASAP...

gibbon75 wrote: »

I can confirm that Japrek are gone since about April 2008.

Next door to where they were is Michael Fenton's Car Dismantlers and it seems he has taken in some Jap wrecks. I managed to get my wiper arms for €20 which gets me back motoring in the rain again!

Telephone 021-438 1012
    Mobile 087-254 5945 (Michael)

Address is Sluggera Cross, Whitechurch, Cork. (PM me if you need directions!)

and www.partzexpress.com have been helping me with the door handle. (Thanks Andrew for the link.)

Now... off to buy an alarm that zaps vandals with a few hundred volts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tony71187

I was talking to the man that runs japrek about 4 weeks ago and he said he was crushing his cars the following day. He said the business was gone too quiet. Must have been one of the most usefull places ever.R.I.P.Japrek

Advertisement