Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MYSQL issue

Options
  • 13-08-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

hi

im doing a select form a db table asking for all the entries that start with L:

select * FROM #__model AS m LEFT JOIN
    #__mb_link AS mb ON (mb.modelid=m.id)
    WHERE mb.productid=4500 AND m.modelbrand>0 AND (m.modeltitle LIKE 'L%' OR m.modeltitle LIKE ' L%') ORDER BY m.modeltitle

however it does not bring them all back

i then go and look into the table and see that there seems to be a space before alot of the titles

see attachment

however whenever i go to edit the entry that seems to have the space , it does not have a space! - when i save/update it, it seems to get sorted

anyone know whats wrong here- and how i may ajust my select so as it pulls back all entries starting with L
    ?

tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Off the top of my head, run an update on that column that does an LTRIM to get rid of any leading spaces.

HTML will only display one space (unless the text is in a <pre> tag, or   is used), so that could be why it's not displaying in the UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,345 ✭✭✭jmcc

hi
    however whenever i go to edit the entry that seems to have the space , it does not have a space! - when i save/update it, it seems to get sorted

anyone know whats wrong here- and how i may ajust my select so as it pulls back all entries starting with L?
    MySQL has a trim function to remove spaces but the problem could lie in the schema. Is the field with the number defined purely as an int or is it a varchar?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

jmcc wrote: »
    MySQL has a trim function to remove spaces but the problem could lie in the schema. Is the field with the number defined purely as an int or is it a varchar?

Regards...jmcc

heres the table attached

i did the trim on the table field - it changed about 30 but the majority of them remain the way they were.

tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

any ideas ?

Advertisement