Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RockworldTV Interference after 10pm

Options
  • 13-08-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Last night, I was getting set to watch The Fall on Rockworld, when at 10pm it flicked to some 'I'm a sexy girl, call this premium rate phone number' channel. Looking at kingofSat, it's probably Babeworld 2, which is on the same frequency as Rockworld. My settings seem right for Rockworld, so how can I avoid this interference? The Fall is repeated on Sunday at 11pm, so any help before then would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

They might be sharing the same frequency to cut down on both their costs maybe ?
    As in, Rockworld transmit up until say 10pm and then babeworld's transmissions kick in.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nehaxak wrote: »
    They might be sharing the same frequency to cut down on both their costs maybe ?
    As in, Rockworld transmit up until say 10pm and then babeworld's transmissions kick in.
    Well, that cant' be right, or Rockworld wouldn't be advertising programming for when it's off-air.

christo82, are you using a standard sat receiver, or a Skybox? Maybe delete the Rockworld channel, and rescan it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I'm using a LIDL receiver. I deleted Rockworld and rescanned this morning, so fingers crossed. Still the same settings as before though.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I wonder is it switching polarity ok?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just out of interest, I switched around to RockworldTV last night and watched for a few minutes, was about 10.30pm and all was fine.
    Erm, also put on that stupid babeworld channel and it was also broadcasting at the same time. So anyway, on my dreambox both channels operating fine on their own accord and def not sharing.

Doesn't help you much I know but for me at least they're not sharing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement