Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann 133 Wicklow to Dublin Bus

Options
  • 13-08-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Does anyone know if the 133 bus eireann from Wicklow stops anywhere near Sandyford or does it go directly into Merrion square after Bray? If not, does anyone know how I could possibly get to Bray via a bus from the sandyford area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't know about the 133 but there are finnegan busses that go from bray to the sandyford luas

more info on this horribly design website.

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/index_files/Page661.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I assume the BE 133 just goes straight along the N11 into town.

The 145 goes along the N11 to Bray, and is very regular, every 10 mins at peak times, but you have to get from wherever you are in Sandyford to the N11 to change bus first. There is a 114 service that goes from Sandyford Ind Estate to Blackrock via Leopardstown Road but it's not that regular, about every 30 mins.

EDIT: ah yes, I forgot about the Finnegan bus. Never used it myself as it doesn't go anywhere near our house. The busses I've seen though are quite small, don't know if they fill up quickly early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Thanks for your replies. I think the N11 isn't too far a walk for me.
    My options are either meeting up with the 133 if it stops off and continuing on to Wicklow town, getting to the 133 bus stop in Bray or getting to the Dart station and getting the very irregular train to wicklow.
    Some days I won't have a car due to the OH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Depending on where in Co.Wicklow your departing - the 84X from Newtownmountkennedy at 710 and 735 stopping at Whites cross (N11).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

esharknz wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know if the 133 bus eireann from Wicklow stops anywhere near Sandyford or does it go directly into Merrion square after Bray? If not, does anyone know how I could possibly get to Bray via a bus from the sandyford area?

The 133 will pick up / set down at Whites Cross on the N11, but will only take you to points south of Bray. Dublin Bus are the only CIÉ operator that can take you to/from Bray.

If you are going from Wicklow town to Sandyford Options are:
    1) BÉ 133 From Wicklow to Whites Cross
    2) BÉ 133 From Wicklow to Loughlinstown Hospital and Finnegans bus to Sandyford
    3) Train to Bray and either Finnegans bus to Sandyford or DB routes 84/145 to Whites Cross
    4) Train to Blackrock DART station and DB route 114/115 to Sandyford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

or:

5) Train to Bray, Luas to Sandyford*

*in 20 years time

Advertisement