Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random, Random, Random

Options
  • 13-08-2008 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

So just this lunch time I went to the Irish bar around the corner for some grub (lovely food in there) and the barmaid recognised the club crest on the jacket I was wearing and turns out she lives 5 minutes down the road from me back home and is best mates with all the lads I went to school with. Had a good ol chat!

Also last Paddy's Day a girl I was in school with from the age of 5 walked past me in the pub. She was only in Perth for 3 days so it was quite a chance meeting.

I've seen a few others I recognise from home and I know there's a few more planning to hit Perth this year.

Have you had any random reunions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Not exactly a reunion.

But I was posting on the martial arts forum a while back, and a guy from Carlow who's now living in Oz PM'd me with some info I was looking for. Then we got chatting about how he was coming back to training soon. Anyway, turns out he trains in the same club as me in Brisbane, so we had an oul sparring session last week.

He's a real good guy. Total boards randomness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

not exactly, but i did get really excited when i saw a chick wearing a GAA jersey from my local, which wasnt exactly a massive GAA club, i got excited, stopped her in teh street, said my little bit, and went on.

other than that, only met 2 irish people since i been here, so no chance meetings jsut yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Last year during Movember, had the most dodgiest mo ever, was at a leaving do and some guy walked up to me and knew me from school, have not seen him in maybe 8 years yet on I meet him in sydney.

Another one is a friend of mine who I used to work in Ireland with asked me to send their CV around my job - I did, nothing came about.
    But her cousin forwarded it on to another Irish guy who happened to work for my company, and she got a job a week later, and worked on the same project as me. She thought I got her the job!

Advertisement