Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a Shot Gun in the Uk.

• 13-08-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hello,

Anyone able to tell me how to go about importing a shot gun from the Uk, Is it worth while and dose it take long.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Sandyman

Did it this year. I bought a Shotgun in UK. The dealer in the uk told me that he would have no problem shipping the SG to one of his friends who is a firearms dealer in the Republic. I bought the gun. When I contacted the RFD in the south on my return he told me that the dealer in England would have a major problem getting a carrier to ship the gun to the republic. As it transpired he was right. No carrier would carry a shotgun to the Republic. The dealer in the UK then had to ship the SG to a dealer in the North of Ireland whom the dealer in the south was friendly with. Then the dealer in the south had to arrange for an Importation license for the SG from the dealer in the north(this was the quickest way rather than me applying for the Importation license). When the Importation license came through the dealer in the north shipped the gun to the dealer in south and when my SG license came through i picked it up in the south. If that hasnt put you off it cost me £215 sterling to ship the gun from the uk to the north. I also had to give the RFD in the north £50 for his hassle. The nice guy in the south charged me nothing. I did however send a couple of rookies his way to buy a couple of lanbers of him. If buying in england be prepared to pay circa €400 to get that gun into the republic and you need to know some V nice RFD's in north and south(Not many of them). Thats my personal experience. If you are talking a big bucks gun it would be worth your while talking to Richard at www.gunrunner.cc. He may have some better ideas and is an absolute gentleman to deal with. He may even source the gun at a better price.

Kind Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AV - TEC

Thanks Sandyman,

Yeh I guessed it wasn't going to be easy:mad: Gun was expensive so I guess it would be worth my while to try bring it in now.Thanks for the Link will look into it.

Regrads.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

AV - TEC wrote: »
    Thanks Sandyman,

Yeh I guessed it wasn't going to be easy:mad: Gun was expensive so I guess it would be worth my while to try bring it in now.Thanks for the Link will look into it.

Regrads.

If it looks expensive to ship it it might be worth going and picking it up. Aer Lingus let you fly with firearms. You'll still have to get the paperwork but a cheap flight could be easier than shipping via the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Sandyman

Av tec,
    Flying and Picking the gun up was one of the suggestions that richard at gunrunner mentioned. You will have to arrange the Import doumentation with the dept of Justice(takes about 2 weeks) first then apply for your SG license here. Deffo talk to Richard at gunrunner as he could source the gun at a better price and he mentioned to me that he would meet me at gatwick with the gun you can then bring it home with Aer lingus. He will arrange for all the uk documentation. If I remember his costs were circa £200 stg for service.

regards

Advertisement