Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hd on ntl digital

Options
  • 12-08-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

hello i use ntl digital. i have a hd tv. how do i see hd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

ntl digital is not a HD service. You'll need to get a HD source to see high definition pictures. The xbox 360, PS3, Sky HD, Blu ray players and HD DVD players all output HD material.

Some DVD players upscale to HD resolutions, but while that's not really HD, it does come quite close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

For HD TV broadcasts, you need the SkyHD service. NTL does not broadcast in HD at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

as an alternative to skyHD, there's a great service just launched called Freesat. subscription-free tv. the HD box is £149. it has bbc hd and itv hd and everything else is in SD. but there will be more channels being added over the next couple of months.

www.freesat.co.uk

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

big_moe wrote: »
    as an alternative to skyHD, there's a great service just launched called Freesat. subscription-free tv. the HD box is £149. it has bbc hd and itv hd and everything else is in SD. but there will be more channels being added over the next couple of months.

www.freesat.co.uk

adam

Can you get that ok in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yup, I have it at home.

It needs a uk postcode for the region so I just used a London one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

interesting. too bad i can't stuck in a satellite dish in the apartment area.

Advertisement