Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

achill

Options
  • 12-08-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

I might be-maybe-going surfing in Achill next week,is it any good? Could anyone(preferably impartially)recommend a good instructor?thanks lots :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

aine-maire wrote: »
    I might be-maybe-going surfing in Achill next week,is it any good? Could anyone(preferably impartially)recommend a good instructor?thanks lots :D

hye look achill rocks for me personally i leanred to surf there many years ago.... :). as for instructers i dunno not my greatist thing..... but go :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

this time a year it's all down to wind and swell. Most likely there will be no waves due to it being summer or the way the weather has been recently they're be howling onshore winds and messy lumpy waves which are useless. The surf is bad on the west coast a lot more often than not so you need to keep checking sites like windguru and find out when it's going to be working well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jjmcnulty

Check out the surf coach. He is baesed on keel beach. you can not miss his trailer. he takes out small groups of about 4 ppl. for around €20. and if your the only person that day i dont think he charges extra but not 100% on that. his name is shane and he is very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Newbie77

I second that. Shane is great!

• Advertisement
Advertisement