Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Issues Conspiracy!

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Its a conspiracy I say! :P

Forget your flying saucers, aliens & whatever else you lot are into, I believe there is a conspiracy on Green Issues.

Background is that I posted a link that went contrary to the popular media scaremongering about environmental destruction.

Anyway after about 11 posts on the topic overall I was banned from that forum and the thread deleted.

Trying to get an explanation on the helpdesk turned out to be a cul de sac.

What happened to the thread?

Did the powers that be strick down with great fear and much vengance, should I hide under the bed. :eek:

Or is green issues just another part of the global one sided media monster?

Oh, heres the link I posted on there:
    http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24122117-7583,00.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Great article. And I'd imagine it's unusual coming out of Australia. They've been very "environmentally conscious" since the 80's. Three bins in a kitchen and CFC free hairsprays were quite the norm when I was there in '89.

As for your gripe? I wouldn't worry about it. The same sort of hysterical response to "non-believers" that permeates worldwide is very evident right here on boards as well. Consider this; a moderator on any given forum is usually there because he has a strong interest in the topic. When it comes to environmental issues most people are sucked in by experts and organizations with vested interests. So it should come as no surprise that on an environmental forum, the moderator will also swallow what has been prescribed by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

thewaltzer wrote: »
    Background is that I posted a link that went contrary to the popular media scaremongering about environmental destruction.

Anyway after about 11 posts on the topic overall I was banned from that forum and the thread deleted.
    Possibly because you started a thread by presenting an article for discussion, then refused to discuss it?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Or possibly because he's casey212.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 thewaltzer

djpbarry wrote: »
    Possibly because you started a thread by presenting an article for discussion, then refused to discuss it?

If the thread was not deleted we would see that a discussion was indeed in progress. :rolleyes:

However, I think my views hit a little too close to home for some of you that GET PAID to promote/earn a living of environmental scaremongering, those such as yourself. ;)

As DubTony rightly said the hysterical response to 'non-believers' is very evident here on this website also.

I know many that earn a great living of this environmental revolution, yet who are also skeptical/know its a con. They continue doing what they do because the short term finicial rewards are good. I told them all to their faces they are sell outs and mentioned that what goes around comes around.

So those making a good wage of this con, enjoy it while it lasts. Your grass roots attempts to propagate this con will not be needed much longer.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Or possibly because he's casey212.

Some poster accused me of being 'casey' yesterday. :p Now you tell me theres 212 of them!

I can assure you I have no idea of the relevance of this accusation. :confused:

I came here to talk sport, but got slightly annoyed when the one meaningful post I made got deleted.

• Advertisement

Brand new user starts a thread on Green Issues, talking about the whole green movement being a scam.

Same brand new user promptly finds the Conspiracy Theories board.

No siree, nothing to see here. Move right along...

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Brand new user starts a thread on Green Issues, talking about the whole green movement being a scam.

Same brand new user promptly finds the Conspiracy Theories board.

No siree, nothing to see here. Move right along...

So your are saying that only one person that uses this forum is skeptical about the environmental awareness push? :pac:

I ran across the conspiracy board while exploring the site, and although im not into aliens and the like, and thought it would be a platform to discuss the one sidedness of the environmental forum, due to the evident lack of respones in the feedback section.

It seems like theres a lot more going on here than my experience here allows me to comprehend, but i'll leave you lot at it and get back to some other forums that are less confrontational. :o

Bye bye. See you next re-reg.

If the thread was not deleted we would see that a discussion was indeed in progress.
    Eh, no. No it was not. I challenged you on the content of the article that you put up for discussion and you avoided the questions. You also belched out some ridiculous claims about pretty much anything related to environmentalism, insisting that pretty much every environmental cause is a scam of one form or another, without any evidence to back this up (probably because you knew it was nonsense). That does not constitute a discussion.
    However, I think my views hit a little too close to home for some of you that GET PAID to promote/earn a living of environmental scaremongering, those such as yourself.
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, everyone who disagrees with your point of view is getting paid (by?) to promote said view. Honestly, you couldn’t make this **** up.

Eh, no. No it was not. I challenged you on the content of the article that you put up for discussion and you avoided the questions. You also belched out some ridiculous claims about pretty much anything related to environmentalism, insisting that pretty much every environmental cause is a scam of one form or another, without any evidence to back this up (probably because you knew it was nonsense). That does not constitute a discussion.
    :rolleyes:

Yeah, everyone who disagrees with your point of view is getting paid (by?) to promote said view. Honestly, you couldn’t make this **** up.

YOU do get paid though don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Seriously Casey, you are really starting to bore me.

:confused: Eh, yeah. I, like most people, get paid to do my job, which has nothing to do with this thread or it's contents.

I'm going to leave you and your rather delusional thread alone now.

:confused: Eh, yeah. I, like most people, get paid to do my job, which has nothing to do with this thread or it's contents.

I'm going to leave you and your rather delusional thread alone now.

Your bread and butter is making money from the environmental awareness drive, enough said.

No wonder a poster cannot question this environmental awareness drivel!

They will inevitable get banned by the very people who are making a living from propagating this rubbish.

I am happy to hear you are leaving me alone, you were tracking me around like a love sick puppy. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think the fact that you come back time and time again can only mean that you, yourself are being paid to come here. And the fact that your conspiracies are so off the wall that their only purpose can be to make anyone who shares slightly similar views to the ones you pretend to hold, look ridiculous.

You are obviously a paid debunker, there is no other explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Anything that makes the air cleaner is good news to me. climate change or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

humanji wrote: »
    You are obviously a paid debunker, there is no other explanation.

Wait...I thought we were the debunkers?

Wouldn't casey therefore a bunker?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

DubTony wrote: »
    Great article. And I'd imagine it's unusual coming out of Australia. They've been very "environmentally conscious" since the 80's. Three bins in a kitchen and CFC free hairsprays were quite the norm when I was there in '89.

As for your gripe? I wouldn't worry about it. The same sort of hysterical response to "non-believers" that permeates worldwide is very evident right here on boards as well. Consider this; a moderator on any given forum is usually there because he has a strong interest in the topic. When it comes to environmental issues most people are sucked in by experts and organizations with vested interests. So it should come as no surprise that on an environmental forum, the moderator will also swallow what has been prescribed by the media.

I agree entirely. This is why, if you look at the front page of the Green Forum, you won't find threads like this one or indeed this one.

They don't exist...and if they did exist, they certainly wouldn't be open, active threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

bonkey wrote: »
    Wait...I thought we were the debunkers?

Wouldn't casey therefore a bunker?
    Exactly! That's the genius behind it. Nobody would expect a debunker to be on the other side. He makes sure that nobody listens to any sort of theory by wrapping it up in gibberish and acting like a paranoid loon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

waltzer banned / thread locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

in b4 lock!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement